PDA

View Full Version : I am back again

Mcched
25-01-12, 23:42
Hi All

I am back again :weep:

The last time I was here was in 2005, after I had, had a very big panic attack due to circumstances at the time. I found it hard but had survived in my own way until now.

Today has been a very low day :weep:

I have spent the whole day in tears :weep: I have a very sore nose and eyes!!!

I was woken up by chest flutterings and a racing heart which I couldn't slow down with my relaxation techniques :wacko:

Hence a panic attack like no other as didn't have shortness of breath but felt in a high anxious state!!!

My dear friend helped me through it after I had woken her up at some unearthly hour!!! She was fantastic, I got through it and thought enough is enough I need help.

I couldn't get an appointment with the GP for 2 weeks but the receptionist put me on his list for a telephone consultation. After speaking with him he got me in after surgery as he said he needed to see me.

He was fantastic, he diagnosed depression and anxiety and persuaded me to try some prozac, had tried St Johns Wort in the past but this time needed to try something else.

I had, had an ECG a couple of weeks ago (had to wear a monitor for a few days), unrelated problem and he talked me through the results to reassure me that everything in that department was normal and none of my palpitations had shown up on it. Phew!!!

My BP had been slightly raised due to a viral illness 3 weeks ago so this had been monitored. As I had been quite anxious over the last 3 weeks this could also have contributed to it too.

My GP has referred me for more tests to check everything and eliminate it and he was fantastic. He listened to me, explained himself and what was happening and made me realise that I wasn't a freak or wasting his time. (I hadn't visited him before because I thought I was a freak and that I would be wasting his time as I wasn't ill). He wants us to work through this together step by step so that I can get the old me back.

I now understand that the circumstances of 2005 and the feelings that I had at the time may have come back after a series of events last year and instead of dealing with these, this brought back my anxiety. Although I tried to ignore it and had thought that I had dealt with it, I haven't.

I was worried about taking any type of anti-depressant but feel now I need to get better and make progress. I want to live my life again!!!

diane07
25-01-12, 23:43
Hi Mcched

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes