PDA

View Full Version : IBS

katiep
26-01-12, 11:52
I know many people with anxiety also suffer from IBs and just wonder what symptoms are indicitive of irritable bowel, reason i ask is that years ago i was diagnosed with it and over the time have had a variety of symptoms.. one symptom i have had on/off over the years is pain on both sides so not sure if its on back or abdomen and when i get a flare up i get aches in my sides which sometimes gets a little relieved by going to toilet.. soz tmi but does anyone else get any kind of pain like this?

MaryMac
26-01-12, 12:07
I've had IBS for a long time, but it tends to flare up when I'm stressed or if I eat something I know I shouldn't be! :) I don't really get pain with it, it's more of a feeling of bloatedness and general yuckiness. Is usually worse in the morning for me. I know alot of people who get different pains with it, it can be quite debilitating but it always calms down when I feel calm! Which isn't often these days.... :)

Shiloh
26-01-12, 12:08
Hi

yeah I get this most mornings at the moment. I have to get up to the loo at pretty much the same time every morning, around 6.30 -7.00. It would be nice to have a bit of a lie in :mad: It goes away mostly during the day though, but that depends on what I've had to eat:wacko: