PDA

View Full Version : its all becoming clear now

sickandtired
26-01-12, 12:21
OMG....Ive had a revelation!
well,not totally....I think I always knew deep down that some of my behaviour was a result of some dreadful things what happened in my childhood.....but I never realised that some of my obsessions are TOTALLY down to it!!!
checking the locks and windows at night.....(my step father broke in many a time...or smashed the windows..usually at night.
checking smoke alarms,carbon monoxide alarms etc (again he...or rather IT set fire to our home once and my Grandmas)
my choking fear.....not just down to an incident where my daughter had a boiled sweet stuck in her throat....(IT used to throttle my Mum regularly)
and when my Mum was vomitting during her seizure last Oct.....I was convinced she was having a stroke,TIA or was going to choke on her vomit.....it all happened in front of me....I really thought my dear Mum was dying
this horrible feeling inside me,which I cannot describe was actually the same fear I felt as a child....I once witnessed him strangling her and the look on her face was exactly how she looked in hospital...... IT was always saying he was going to kill us all.....we just never knew when....
THIS is where my meltdown began and its all IT's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE him and am so glad he is dead

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

sorry I just had to let that all out

nicola1980
26-01-12, 13:08
Its always good to let it all out, alot of what you say i can relate to due to my past relationship and i think alot of that is why im like i am at the min x x

miss polly
26-01-12, 14:31
He sounds like a loathsome creature! Don't let IT ruin the rest of your life. Now that you have managed to connect his despicable behaviour to your problems you're hopefully on the road to recovery xx

sickandtired
26-01-12, 14:57
thanks both of you ....he will not continue to have this effect on me.....I wont allow it.....I have 3 children of my own and my worries are going to spoil their future if I dont get some control over them,also my hubby must be getting really fed up of my moods by now (17 years of it!).....its time to separate the real worries from the 'mind chatter' and put things into perspective,start enjoying life again instead of letting the 'what ifs' get the better of me.