PDA

View Full Version : Are there any suffers of "Extreme GAD" out there

ExtremeAngst
26-01-12, 16:43
Hi, Just joined No More Panic today. I'm a 43 year old female and have suffered for 25 years with GAD. It's been really well controlled since 1995 with 20mg of Paroxetine but for some reason I woke up on 24 May 2011 in suffering from extreme anxiety and haven't been right since! I haven't been to work since May, I've lost 3 stone and can only sleep if I take Lorazepam.

Since May I've been tried on a whole raft of meds - zopiclone, olanzapine, quetiapine, chlorpromazine, mirtazapine, hydroxycine, amitryptline which are all supposed to be sedating. None of them helped the insomnia and they increased my anxiety further. I've now been taking Sertraline since the middle of December and just started pregabalin yesterday.

I'm hoping for a big turn around - I'm in a living nightmare. Is there anyone else out there like me? I feel like a freak.

nomorepanic
26-01-12, 16:45
Hi ExtremeAngst

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ginagee
26-01-12, 17:01
Hi etreme, I too am new to this site,I am hoping chatting to others will be a good thing xx

haz
27-01-12, 00:16
Hi, Just joined No More Panic today. I'm a 43 year old female and have suffered for 25 years with GAD. It's been really well controlled since 1995 with 20mg of Paroxetine but for some reason I woke up on 24 May 2011 in suffering from extreme anxiety and haven't been right since! I haven't been to work since May, I've lost 3 stone and can only sleep if I take Lorazepam.

Since May I've been tried on a whole raft of meds - zopiclone, olanzapine, quetiapine, chlorpromazine, mirtazapine, hydroxycine, amitryptline which are all supposed to be sedating. None of them helped the insomnia and they increased my anxiety further. I've now been taking Sertraline since the middle of December and just started pregabalin yesterday.

I'm hoping for a big turn around - I'm in a living nightmare. Is there anyone else out there like me? I feel like a freak.

Well, yeah there is actually - ME :D I'm a 43 yr old females whose anxiety was kept under control with 20mg of paroxetine until the end of 2009. Although, like you, I have suffered for over 20 years.

Since then, I have had many crisis team interventions, two lengthy hospital admissions, had my meds changed to escitalopram, imipramine, pregabalin. I am now on Sertraline 50mg, Zopiclone and Diazepam.

Maybe it's our age??:unsure::unsure:

Haz.x

blue moon
27-01-12, 06:37
Yes I know how you feel,I feel the same.
Petra x

robinbrum
27-01-12, 08:43
You're in good company here:hugs:

ExtremeAngst
27-01-12, 11:26
Well, yeah there is actually - ME :D I'm a 43 yr old females whose anxiety was kept under control with 20mg of paroxetine until the end of 2009. Although, like you, I have suffered for over 20 years.

Since then, I have had many crisis team interventions, two lengthy hospital admissions, had my meds changed to escitalopram, imipramine, pregabalin. I am now on Sertraline 50mg, Zopiclone and Diazepam.

Maybe it's our age??:unsure::unsure:

Haz.x

Hi Haz

Thank you so much for your reply. You sound like me - I had 2 hospital admissions in 2011 (most unpleasant) and crisis team intervention on and off since June last year.

Does your mind go at 1000 miles an hour but you have no idea what you are thinking about, can't take anything in, difficulty with memory and no sleep and do you get anxious about everything when you are suffering?

Hope you are improving:winks:

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Yes I know how you feel,I feel the same.
Petra x

Hi Petra

I'm glad I'm not alone - my family just don't get it and I've never met anybody who suffers like me - that's why I feel freaky. Take care and I hope you have a "reasonable" day with some sleep at the end of it.:)

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Hi etreme, I too am new to this site,I am hoping chatting to others will be a good thing xx

Hi and thanks for your reply. Lets hope this site helps us out.:)

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

You're in good company here:hugs:

It makes me feel a bit better to hear that - I've never met anybody with extreme GAD. My family and friends don't get it. It totally stops me functioning and the never ending insomnia is a nightmare (well getting to sleep and having a nightmare would be preferable):roflmao:

On day 2 of Pregabalin. Didn't sleep so well last night but not feeling so drunk today.

Hope you have a "reasonable" day and some sleep at the end of it:unsure:

dancinginthedark
05-02-12, 21:19
Hi Extreme:

Im currently going through an extreme episode myself with GAD:weep:
What with being menopausal and all, i feel like Im living on the edge.

I may ask my GP to prescribe some diazapam as I find it difficult to get to sleep, then when eventually I do drop off, Im awoken by vivid and disturbing nightmares.

You are not alone, and I too thought no understands until I found this place.

Take care :)

bignik
05-02-12, 21:22
non stop here also sadly , spent last 6 months of last year hospitalised it was that bad , got out early Jan alas all returned a week ago and back to see Dr on Tuesday for possible med review hopefully