PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin,worth a try??????

sarahlou1983
26-01-12, 21:43
I am a GAD sufferer and my social worker has suggested Pregabalin as a possible medication to try for anxiety...

Can i ask those who are taking it,is it particually good for tense muscle pain caused by anxiety????? i.e chest ,upper back.......

I am at my wits end with the aches,im not willing to put with it anymore :weep:...

Just want to know if its worth the try .Thank You :yesyes:

JT69
27-01-12, 10:48
Hi Sarah Lou

I have found it a wonder drug...used to suffer so bad with general anxiety and now apart from the odd "blip" am doing well.

I believe that as everyone is different you dont know until you try and I for one think this drug has really changed my life.

Hope that helps.
Jo.x

dan1234
28-02-12, 13:49
Sarah,

Its early days for me, I only started Pregabalin on Friday. I feel that it has helped slightly. Whether that is the medication or placebo effect I am not sure.

Not sure on the muscle tension front. Pregabalin is licenced for neuropathic pain, but my muscles still feel tight. If this is your main problem diazepam is probably the right drug. Albeit a addictive one.

I would def give the pregabalin a try.

robinbrum
28-02-12, 14:19
I have been on it for a couple of months now. Without a doubt, at a dose 450mg daily, it

does relax me. It stands to reason then that if mentally you are more relaxed, your body

should follow suit...so your muscles should feel less tense.

I remember you posted a while back when you were considering taking it then. I'm not

one who advocates the taking of any drug, as every individual is different in their

response to a particular type of medication. All I would say is that I don't think

pregabalin is particularly addictive so if it's not doing you any good you can stop taking it

without hopefully too many ill effects. But hopefully it will help you as it has helped me.

Good luck.

dan1234
28-02-12, 14:30
I have been on it for a couple of months now. Without a doubt, at a dose 450mg daily, it

does relax me. It stands to reason then that if mentally you are more relaxed, your body

should follow suit...so your muscles should feel less tense.

I remember you posted a while back when you were considering taking it then. I'm not

one who advocates the taking of any drug, as every individual is different in their

response to a particular type of medication. All I would say is that I don't think

pregabalin is particularly addictive so if it's not doing you any good you can stop taking it

without hopefully too many ill effects. But hopefully it will help you as it has helped me.

Good luck.

Rob did you notice any improvements before you took 450mg? How gradually did you increase the strength?

xtremx
28-02-12, 18:33
Hi sarahlou. I am into week 4 now, Staerted of on a low dose of 75mg aday (for 2 weeks should of been for 1 weeks but had a infection so had to prelong it).

And I must say i feel loads better its now at 2nd week on 75mg twice aday and touch would no side effects. And i also think it is working for my muscle aches and pains (hope i have not jinxed it now).

But the funny thing is my doctor wanted me to try gabapentin about 9months ago for a condition called BFS that affects my muscles and also for my anxiety but was reluctant to try it and then aboyt 2 months ago my dentist gave me pregabalin (which works the same as gabapetin but better) for nerve pain and so far it is doing all 3 muscle/nerve and anxiety (Damn i have jinxed it now.

After 2 days on pregabalin i started feeling a newish man.