PDA

View Full Version : Limb Twitching when in bed

jarmummy123
27-01-12, 07:43
I woke up at 5am as I had a bad throat and when I laid there trying to go back to sleep my mind started wondering again then my left foot twitched, then my hand, then my right foot and right hand. Is this anxiety related? Of course Dr Google says its related to a brain tumour which has got my anxiety sky high again today.

robinbrum
27-01-12, 08:40
It's almost certainly anxiety - it won't leave you alone even when you're sleeping. It used to be very severe with me but has calmed down since I turned 40. It worried me when I first got it but rest assured it's fairly harmless in itself.

jade1978
27-01-12, 10:36
My limbs twitch at times to when I try to sleep, it usually my hand, upper arm or foot, I try not to worry about it, I have a whole host of physical symptoms at the moment I'm trying not to worry about!

Ingenious
27-01-12, 17:38
My limbs twitch a lot too - they always have done, even as a child well before any problems. Limb twitching while dropping off to sleep is very common and completely normal. For me it's a little worse on antidepressants, which seem to make me twitch more.

Andyroo
27-01-12, 18:53
this is a very common symptom of anxiety and stress. this can even happen if you are a caffeine drinker. i used to experience this feeling all the time it feels weird but it is harmless.. if you are really concerned about it you could always visit your GP but i know from experience this is stress/anxiety related!

PS. Google is bad! you can Google a symptom and it always comes up with something extreme.. you can Google all you want but google is never right ask anyone on here. there is so much more to having a brain tumour. your symptoms you aren't even close! much closer to common anxiety and stress if you ask me ;)

i hope you feel better soon

Andy

carefree68
27-01-12, 19:02
Im sure its anxiety, I have twitching all over the place, especially when tired. Try and get some rest and not worry too much:hugs: