PDA

View Full Version : help new here need some advice and reassurance

kiss25
15-06-06, 10:55
Hi i just joined this site and i am already feeling alot better just knowing that there are so many other ppl out there that have the same fears and disorders as i do. I have been suffering from panic and anxiety disorders for so long now that i dont even remember when they started. I have called ambulences in extreme panic thinking i was having a heart attack only to get to the hospital to find everything ok. I also have the worst obsession with dying especially thoughts of a brain tumour. i have obsessed over that for years and i am still alive. i cant take it anymore and just dont know what to do. for the last 3weeks now i have had a headache that will not go away and i think it is called a tension headache, but my major problem is that i am getting very depressed abotu the whole thing i feel like crying all the time and just feel like giving up. i cant take it .... why cant i just feel normal make these headaches go away and stop thinking i'm going to die all the time!!!

thanks for listening :)
kiss

mandie
15-06-06, 11:38
hi and welcome to the site

just wanted to let u know that i know how u are feeling

i suffer with health anxiety and worry all the time that i have a serious illness. these days i cant even get a a minor symptom without turning it into a major one.

you will find lots of friendly people on this site who will offer you lots of good advice.

love mandie x

kiss25
15-06-06, 11:42
Hi mandie it's kiss
thanks heaps it is great to no that i am not alone

ShirleyM
15-06-06, 11:45
Hi

I know how you feel, I too have called ambulances and went straight to A & E thinking I was dying right there and then, I wakened my partner in a panic one night and screamed at him to call a ambulance as I was dying, he believed me and called the ambulance, I spent a day in hospital with ECG machines etc and guess what they found nothing!!!

This week for me I am having problems with breathing and feel really faint it is taking me all my time not to go to the Doctor, I keep thinking this time it is something serious.

It is just your mind playing tricks with you, if you were really dying then I don't think you would know about it anyway, so if you do think you are then you are not. (if that makes sense) Just need to get my head round that myself.

Shirley

kiss25
15-06-06, 12:10
hi Shirley i too have woken my partner and done the same thing .
i dont know why it is so hard for us to understand there is actually nothing wrong with us. but each time i always think what if this time it really is a tumour or something .. what if i have thought about it so much i have actually made it happen. my partner does not understand my feelings and that annoys me alot.
i hope we can all feel better some day real soon :)

ShirleyM
15-06-06, 12:26
Yes my partner is the same, he doesn't quite understand, I can see him thinking what now!! what is going to be wrong with you this time. He now refuses to call the Doctor though in a emergency and tells me it is just me panicking (at the time I don't believe him) then I think you will be sorry if it is something really bad (never has been yet though).

Take Care and hope you feel better soon

Daisybun
15-06-06, 13:37
Hi Kiss and welcome, you aren't alone at all. I've had tension headaches through stress. Problem is with anxiety the more you focus on something the more you keep it going. It's a vicious circle. Our partners can only sympathise but they can't empathise unless they've been through it themselves, no one can, that's why this site is so helpful as we've all experienced anxiety first hand and so we understand. hope you feel better soon, try and relax, find something you enjoy doing to take your mind off the headaches etc. easier said than done but it does work.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hayles
15-06-06, 13:47
Heeeeeeeeellllllllllooooooo there.

I am with you there on this one kiss!!!!
I have had a brain tumor since xmas, it has developed into leukimia, mouth cancer and todayit is back to a tumor!

I get myself so worked up that i make myself worse i am sure of it.
Somedays it gets so bad i feel dizzy and light headed and walk around work thinking any minute now i am going to drop down dead.....havent done yet....lol

Oh you have to laugh or you may as well just kill yourself!!!!

take care chook

Hay x

manmoor
15-06-06, 20:15
Hi Kiss,

I also suffer from health anxiety and have diagnosed myself with cancer in parts of the body that dont even exist. At the moment when a symptom appears I try to laugh and say here we go again and amazingly sometimes it works for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Mandy
xxx

ceecee
15-06-06, 20:44
hi kiss welcome to the forum!i,m sure you will find lots of people who you can really relate to.i too have been obsessing about a brain tumour for the last 4 years!!every night when i go to bed i hope that by the morning my thoughts and feeling will have changed!!but NO they are still there in the morning!!!and when you said that because you keep thinking about it you,re afraid thats its really happened i think that about myself too!!i hope you feel much better soon take care and feel free to pm me anytime rachel x x