PDA

View Full Version : is after shock anxiety possible?

Butterfly22
27-01-12, 08:18
Yesterday I had an exam for a course that I started well before I became ill, I was very anxious, had all the symptoms, but battled through the hardest I could, even felt panicky during the exam but talked myself through it saying this could muck things up if I allow myself to have a panic attack, anyway, in the early hours of this morning I was up feeling quite unwell and having diarrheoa, now there is nothing I ate last night that should have caused this, so it got me wondering, did the adrenaline finally find a way out of my system afterwards?

Wuboo
27-01-12, 09:21
It's quite possible. I find if I had a big day and lots of anxiety the following day I feel quite battered, it was probably the anxiety crept in when you were calming down.

Butterfly22
27-01-12, 11:00
Yes, I tend to agree with you Jay, yep I feel battered after a big day too xx

morning_blues
27-01-12, 11:37
Yep - I can totally relate to this. Before i started taking citalopram I found a stressful event would hit me for days afterwards - particularly during the night/mornings. When it first started I had no idea what was happening, I assumed it was a tummy bug - diarroeah, vomitting, sweating etc. It takes all your strength to keep going and get through the event, then it just floors you afterwards! Take it easy and rest and hope you feel better soon.