PDA

View Full Version : Successful train trip

t0rt01se36
27-01-12, 11:41
Want to let you all know how well I did yesterday, when I challenged myself to get the train, on a just under 30 minute trip.
Until late last year, I haven't felt up to travelling far because of anxiety and claustrophobia, for a few years. I have panicked on the train before.
Yesterday afternoon, I suddenly felt up to travelling and on the spur of the moment, I quickly made my way to the railway station, before I changed my mind.:ohmy:
Panic attacks were none existant, but anxious thoughts came and soon went. I enjoyed looking out of the window at the countryside, glad I wasn't panicking. Forgot my mobile which nerved me.
When I arrived at the destination, I decided to make my journey worth while by visiting places I hadn't been to before. Only spent 90 minutes in the City centre, but was worth going, to feel proud of myself afterwards. Did a bit of retail therapy too.:D
Arrived back in my area after standing up on the train all the way back, at teatime and looked forward to food and drink, which I hadn't had much of, yesterday.
Had to stop myself from shouting out with joy, once the train got back to my area outskirts lol.
It was a rare good day, mentally for me, but I want it to last. I aim to get thetrain again next month.

lauz_lea
27-01-12, 12:27
Well Done Ju - that's BRILLIANT. I know how you must feel with the train journey as pretty much everywhere I need to go is on the train (ranging from 10-40min journeys).

You took the best approach - just do it when the urge strikes. Don't give yourself much time to think about it, this only gives the anxiety the chance to build. You'll no doubt find it easier next time.

A great big WELL DONE to you Ju, you should be so, so proud of yourself.

paula lynne
27-01-12, 12:32
Well done Ju!!! Youve done the hard bit! Dont stop now, keep doing what youre doing, you deserve to pat yourself on the back, this could be the beginning of new adventures for you! Really well done x :yahoo:

pinkdove
27-01-12, 14:49
Hi ju, what brilliant new!!! you have done so well, think of it as the beginining of your recovery and a huge achievement.

I could'nt have done that, you should feel very proud of yourself well done you !!!!

macc noodle
27-01-12, 14:56
Well done Ju - that is fantastic - go girl !!!!!

Great to hear that you are making leaps forward - keep on going.

Catch you sometime in chat maybe - not spoken for ages.

Macc Noodle
xx

JT69
27-01-12, 15:48
Hello Ju,

Well done you did yourself proud...loved the bit you said you had to stop yourself from shouting when your train was approaching your area...would of loved to have seen everyones faces if you had done!!!

Thats just brilliant news...onwards and upwards girl!!!

Jo.x

london
27-01-12, 16:01
you did well
god bless

Harribo
27-01-12, 20:19
Well done :)