PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram the first time!

daintydi
27-01-12, 13:36
Hi all,
I started taking Cit, two weeks ago. I was petrified to take it. I'd refused to have anti-depressants for 2 months. I hate medication of any kind. So, got it off my doctor on the Thursday, stared at them for 24 hours! Decided to take them at 5pm on Friday when my husband got home from work. Obviously, so if I collapsed in a state of panic, he would be able to scoop me up and take me to hospital.:wacko:
5 days at 10mg then up to 20mg. I didn’t sleep much for the first week. Changed to taking it in a morning, since then slept much better.
Just to let others know, that are maybe too scared to take them. I’m doing ok! My level of anxiety is definitely lower. I’m not as panicky. I still have ridiculous thoughts going round and round in my head. BUT. “Things” are better on the anti-depressants, than not. So, try not to worry about the side effects, not everyone gets them. I didn’t! hope this helps! :hugs:

pinkdove
27-01-12, 14:39
What a lovely post, so glad you are feeling better.

I'm sure it will help others too :)

avasnana
27-01-12, 16:18
That's a great positive post and is great encouragement for anyone who is about to start citalopram.

:yesyes: