PDA

View Full Version : exams

superfran23
15-06-06, 15:39
This year has not been the greatest year for me.
someting triggered my panic attacks and then depression. I started doing a post grad course in september last year. I am not one to sit about, i really worked so hard, but i keep failing exams and assessments. its not helping my panic and making me more depressed. i have paid so much money to do the course i must pass it but i'm seriously thinking of giving up as the pressure is really getting to me.
i seem to be having such bad luck.
i had a job interview which seemed to be the perfect job (i.e well below my standard of qualification and experience) but i found out today i didn't get it. then a matter of hours later i find out i failed yet another assessment.
i burst into tears when i should be revising for more exams that start next week - i have 7 assessments in 2 weeks, 3 of which are retakes!!!
i feel like i'm having some kind of break down.
help anyone??

Ammeg
16-06-06, 16:34
hey fran,
wot r u doin a post grad course in??
do ur tutors know about ur anxiety etc?
U never know with employers who their gonno go for, maybe they thought u were over qualified/experienced for the role!!
im sure ur not havin a breakdown- just a crappy time of things!! which will pass hun!! i hope ur managin to revise- try not to let it get u down to much- hope ur ok!!!
Ammegxx

Keitharcher
16-06-06, 19:56
Fran

Whoa girl, take three steps back and look at whats happening. I am a uni lecturer so can speak with some authority, does your personal tutor know of your problems. Tell them, they may be able to reduce the pressure in some way. Dont worry about re-sits, they are a fact of life and yes you have paod a lot of money, i know how expensive the courses are, your tutors arent there to fail you, they are there to taech you, so again go to them and explain the pressure you are under. As for not getting the job you immeadietly thought its something about me, did you consider that the company may have thought from your qualifications that you would be a thresat to the position of the person hiring you, it happens, sad i know but it does. So start looking at the positive side of things, concemntrate on your forthcoming papers and pass them.

Keith

superfran23
19-06-06, 19:42
Hi there
I thought i would report back.
I've had 2 exams today, not sure how they went. I have spoken to my tutors but they said i need medical evidence. How can you put medically "i'm feeling the pressure as i tend to get panicky!!" I know depression is a illness, but i hate calling it that. its a personal thing, i don't want to use it as excuses as depression is something you have to fight through and by me admitting it and using it as an excuse is not fighting talk.
i think i'm just not very good at my subject ( legal practice course). my mood is so annoying!!!
sometimes i laugh at it sometimes i cry. one day i tink i'm managing it, thenext i could just curl up in bed and forget the day was there.
but its only 2 weeks and they are only exams, and i have to try and pass them then i don't have to do them again.
Thank you for your kind words at this difficult time,
xxx
2 down - 5 to go!

Keitharcher
19-06-06, 19:44
Fran

Do as your tutors say and talk to the docs, dont be embarresed to call it anything you like, you are looking for help and like the members of NMP the docs will not judge you they should help you. Good luck with the rest of your exams

Keith