PDA

View Full Version : Feeling cold

chelley27
28-01-12, 13:27
Hi everyone.

How many of you have the feeling of " you just can not get warm" with anxiety? im freezing at the mo and have been for days even with the heating and fire on together.

anyone else experience this? xx

shaka
28-01-12, 14:13
Hi chelly
I feel the same for days now, also just got over a cold few weeks ago and getting it again .Roll on spring hope you get warm soon

chelley27
28-01-12, 14:16
Hi, thank you. i went to bed in 2 pairs of pyjamas other night as i was that cold but i woke up in a massive cold sweat it was awful, then i start getting myself into a panic about why im feeling like this. im convinced my docs are wrong and there is something sinister wrong with me. ever get that feeling??:-(

mmb
28-01-12, 14:18
Hi Chelly,
I was going to post something similar!!! I feel very very cold at the moment... my hands are the worst... I'm always shivering and I don't know if is cold or anxiety:shrug: any more Doesn't feel good...

hoshi
28-01-12, 14:48
i am CONSTANTLY cold. literally all the time. so i suffer really bad in winter. right now i'm sat at the table hunched into my chair and my back and jaw are aching from the tension in my muscles, i feel like a rock and my fingers like they're made of cold steel! i tremble uncontrollably aswell and sometimes i just don't want to move at all. much the same as when i'm anxious!

melvin
28-01-12, 15:05
hi
im the same can never get warm

chelley27
28-01-12, 15:09
so i guess its all anxiety related? anyone get cold sweats in the night too? xx

Pipkin
28-01-12, 15:38
I'm always cold too - especially my hands and feet. I couldn't get warm at night so bought an electric blanket which is a god send. Still wake up in cold sweats though, with my heart racing. All part of an anxious life, I think, along with all the other horrendous symptoms we all have to put up with. X

lou597
28-01-12, 18:05
yes i am cold most of the time. Do you get shivers down you back? and goosbumps on your arms. Its very frustrating

kittikat
28-01-12, 18:06
Hey Chelle, I'm always cold too. Strange eh? Must be the anxiety as I see others feel the same. My gas bill will be through the roof, I'm dreading it lol x

chelley27
28-01-12, 18:15
Hiya , Yeah my gas bill is also high, thick socks help but sometime i cant explain it i just feel cold inside , which is maybe why the roof of my mouth is cold. doctor said i have cold mouth cozza acid reflux. im not convinced personally. xx

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

yes lou i always get goosbumps and shivers, very strange xx

ExtremeAngst
28-01-12, 18:45
Hi everyone.

How many of you have the feeling of " you just can not get warm" with anxiety? im freezing at the mo and have been for days even with the heating and fire on together.

anyone else experience this? xx

Hi Chelly

Absolutely. When my anxiety is really extreme I cannot get warm no matter what. Back at the beginning of December I was going through a really bad spell and was frozen to the core. Get this I had 2 jumpers on, a dressing gown, was lying under a goose down duvet with the gas fire on full blast and I was still freezing.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think when you are extremely anxious and in the "fight of flight" phase all the blood is directed towards your internal organs and away from your skin and that's why we get so cold.

Hope you feel a bit warmer and better soon. :)

Sarah x

chelley27
28-01-12, 18:49
Hi Chelly

Absolutely. When my anxiety is really extreme I cannot get warm no matter what. Back at the beginning of December I was going through a really bad spell and was frozen to the core. Get this I had 2 jumpers on, a dressing gown, was lying under a goose down duvet with the gas fire on full blast and I was still freezing.

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think when you are extremely anxious and in the "fight of flight" phase all the blood is directed towards your internal organs and away from your skin and that's why we get so cold.

Hope you feel a bit warmer and better soon. :)

Sarah x

Thank you Sarah, that would make a lot of sense, i never thought of it like that, i wonder if thats why my roof of mouth is cold then? at the minute im not too cold, but the roof of my mouth is freezing like a menthol kind of sensation. so horrible.
hope you get warm too xx

MagicalSprite
25-11-21, 02:19
Omg! Same the original poster. Been freezing for days, with the heating right up, a jumper and blanket on. Anyone else get this? It’s reassuring to hear, the more people speak of it as a symptom - as I’m worried it’s my thyroid. I was on the verge of hypothyroidism and I hope I don’t have that now. I was thinking it could be stress/anxiety!

Catkins
25-11-21, 05:41
Honestly when I'm particularly anxious my temperature control completely goes to pot. I seem to get particularly sensitive to temperature changes, warm weather makes me too hot and cooler weather makes me very cold. Although I prefer it cooler as I can just keep adding layers whereas I can only take so much off.

LittleLionMan
25-11-21, 12:55
I’m always cold, but I’m always anxious.
I’ve just accepted it as part of my anxiety response.