PDA

View Full Version : vitamin c and birth control pill!!!

swgrl09
28-01-12, 15:25
Well, I think I know now why I was having some spotting on the pill. I kept getting colds and started taking vitamin C packets (like 1000 mg I think) and for some reason I had NO IDEA that vitamin C could interfere with the pill. I did some googling about the pill because I had no idea why I was spotting, and I saw that on my pill's information sheet! My doctor never said anything except be careful if on antibiotics.

When I found out I just had allergies, I stopped doing the vitamin C anyway and that is when the spotting stopped.

So just thought I'd let you guys know in case anybody else was like me and did not read your pill's information fully. Thank god I did not get pregnant (have my period now) !

**Just an edit - I didn't start spotting until I was doing these vitamin C packets daily for at least a month straight. So I assume you need a lot more vitamin C than just eating fruit or something to interfere. Just so nobody stops eating fruit :)

Liliana83
30-01-12, 04:49
That's interesting you say that..I just started a BC pill like 2 or so weeks ago and prior to taking it I was taking vitamin c tablets on a daily basis to boost my immune system. I got off of them the first day of my first pill...and have been meaning to call my gyno to see if it was okay to take both. Well, thanks for the heads up..I'll run it by my gyno next time I have a chance to call him!

May I ask what BC pill you are taking? I'm taking Aviane.

swgrl09
30-01-12, 05:05
I'm on Loestrin 1.5/30. I was on the 24 day with the 4 day period, but that was too low of a dose for me.