PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

brenda
15-06-06, 16:13
Hi All
I joined this site a few days ago but didnt introduce myself

My name is Pam. (username Brenda as Pam was already in use)
I am 55 and have had agoraphobia/ anxieties since I was 15.
I have gradually improved with the agoraphobia. A couple of years ago I went on a 3 hour train journey for a holiday.
Last year I tried again and had horrendous panics all the way there and back

I have just started going out again and went on a 10 minute train journey last week. Ok apart from feeling shaky. No major panic

I also have a phobia about hospitals or anything medical, treaments , tests etc.
This is a real problem as I need to get some tests done. I cancelled an appointment yesterday cause I felt too ill to go
I'm sooo glad I found this site. I decided that I wanted to get better from this and reading about all of you has really helped to know that I am not the only one and I am not going mad :).

I am planning on seeing the doc again when i can pluck up the courage. Its time somebody helped me with it.
I'm also going to do a telephone recovery course with No Panic. I sent off the forms today. ONly £10 to join and its free to do the course.

I'll let you know how I get on

Pam x

Quirky
15-06-06, 16:21
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the site, I hope you find it helps you :). Now I know you're Pam I won't call you Brenda on my post lol.

It seems like you're doing really well with the agorophobia so well done for that.

I completely understand the hospital/tests phobia, I hate them too. Although I don't put off tests and appointments I do get very anxious before them. I have had so many tests in recent years, mostly to diagnose my ME but some due to anxiety (heart tests etc). In fact I've had so many tests I should be used to it by now!

Believe me you are not going mad, if we can help you with anything here just shout.

The No Panic course is supposed to be very good, many here have done it or are doing it. I haven't done it as I had private CBT instead but I did used to be a member of them.

Look forward to seeing you here again,

Lisa x

giddy
15-06-06, 16:29
Hi Pam
Welcome to the forum
Love Helen

brenda
15-06-06, 16:30
Thanks Lisa
I hope I can help other people too

Pam x:D

Quirky
15-06-06, 16:31
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks Lisa
I hope I can help other people too

<div align="right">Originally posted by brenda - 15 June 2006 : 16:30:28</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

You already have Pam, you have helped me :D.

Lisa x

KatiePie
15-06-06, 16:36
Hi Pam

Wishing you lots of luck with your upcoming tests.

KatiePie

nomorepanic
15-06-06, 18:49
Hi Pam

I have replied to your other post but wanted to offically welcome you aboard now.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab people here.

Nicola

trac67
15-06-06, 19:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

manmoor
15-06-06, 20:10
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the best place in the world for advice. You will make lots of new friends here.

Mandyxx

dream
15-06-06, 20:40
Hi Pam
welcome to this site
take care denisexxx

denise

ceecee
15-06-06, 20:50
hi pam welcome to the forum.i,m sure you will find a real comfort to know your not the only one who feels this way!!take care rachel x x

Nicki22
15-06-06, 20:51
Hiya Pam
Welcome to the site.. you will make a lot of friends here x
Take care
Nicki xx

brenda
15-06-06, 20:53
Thank you all for your welcome. I'm sooo glad I found this site :-)

Just watched the footie. was a bit tense till they scored a goal :D

Hope to get to know you all and make some friends
Pam x

EmmaJane
15-06-06, 21:56
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the site. I wish you luck for the course

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.