PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

Deb51967
28-01-12, 19:11
Sorry if this is a long post.... but here goes

It started 3 years ago when my son came home from Iraq having been injured in a bomb blast (Army, Paras). We got him through it, and it took 12 months of recovery, but he did and back to his regiment.

Then due to a very severe, quick illness, my mum was taken from us at the age of 64. (Too young). She was given between 4 hours and 4 days before she was taken. She lasted 19 hours.

My ex husband passed away last week after a battle with the dreaded C. We were still friends. When his illness was at its worst, I would go round and make sure he was okay, do his shopping etc.

I have been battling with anxiety and depression for a couple of years now, and the gp said that it is actually Post Traumatic Stress.

On Monday, it is my ex hubby's funeral. I don't think I can face it. My mum was cremated at the same place at the same time of day. I am still struggling with the day mum died, and keep re living the day. I am now re living every second and panicking more and more.

My Partner of 9 years is absolutely wonderful and is willing to come to the funeral with me to offer support. I really do want to go to show my respect to my ex. But I am re living every moment of my mum going away whom I was extremely close to and who I miss like mad.

This is gnawing away at me. Please help.

Stormsky
28-01-12, 20:40
If you can, i think you should go, for closure...you may regret it if you dont... even if you just go for service then leave... or if you really cant go, then dont force yourself.. if hes being buried, you can always visit the grave at a later date.. or if its cremation, then will the ashes be buried at cremortorium? Dont put pressure on yourself, you can always decide at last minute..see how you feel...

theharvestmouse
28-01-12, 22:22
Maybe you should try to go as Stormsky says, it may help you deal with it and put your feelings to rest, nice that your partner can go with you for support.