PDA

View Full Version : New Medication

turnthelighton
29-01-12, 08:20
Doctor has signed me off for two weeks and changed my medication. I have been on floxertine for 3 years but I have now been put on Sertraline. He told me to take them straight away 50mg a day. I know I should trust my doctor but I thought you had to wean of one and then start another?

Always worrying :-(

turnthelighton
29-01-12, 08:27
Hi Thanks for your reply. The fluoxetine had stopped working, very bad HA and panic attacks. Never been signed off work before either.

turnthelighton
30-01-12, 12:06
Thank you, day three of new meds and its ok. Yesterday was a bit rough but fingers crossed this is the one. Though I do realise I need to change myself as the medication is only part of it.

angel85
30-01-12, 18:13
:)Hi,
My doctor switched me from Citralopram to Sertraline (Lustral) then on to Cipralex, I didn't have a break either, all went ok although still got the usual side effects in the first week. Hope you get on ok with them.

turnthelighton
02-02-12, 12:30
Been on the new meds nearly a week and things are improving:). Still have the tight feeling around my middle and ribs but this seems to come on as the day goes on, putting it down to anxiety and trying really trying to get on with things. :wacko:

pinkdove
02-02-12, 14:11
I was also changed from citalopram to ven, and had no break day 2 and so far so good,

Good luck glad you are feeling some benefit x

kinnygirl1
02-02-12, 20:10
Hi Good luck with the new meds and let us know how you get on. I am also on fluoxetine but seen a return of my anxiety so am thinking of asking my GP about changing. It's good to know that there are other options out there.

turnthelighton
07-02-12, 13:41
2nd week of meds and its going ok, feel better. Some days feel great :-) Every now and again I get the pressure/tight feeling around the middle but not as much now. So keep telling myself that it must be anxiety. I was worried about coming off fluoxertine but the new meds are doing there job.