PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping issues

Wuboo
29-01-12, 08:27
Last night it didn't seem as though I slept, though I can remember one or two dreams so I must have slept? This was really worrying me as I always sleep so well. Now I am a little scared I might to be able to sleep, anyone felt like this before and what did you do?

Wuboo
29-01-12, 08:42
My eyes feel quite tired, but can never sleep during the day.

morning_blues
29-01-12, 09:09
Hiya, try not to read too much into it - you probably just had a bad night, it doesn't mean this is the way it will be from now on. I had one like that last Sunday after I'd switched citalopram to evenings, but it was a one off and have been fine since. Try to relax because it's a vicious circle - if you wind yourself up you're less likely to sleep tonight!

Wuboo
30-01-12, 13:44
I done some meditation before sleeping in bed and it sent me off a treat but I then woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep.

martintlane
31-01-12, 06:13
hi jayuk20 i have tried meditation with some results but i have found i get a good nights sleep using herbal natural anxiety treatment. I have had the best results taking valerian it has been used for many years in europe as a herbal sedative in the treatment of mild to moderate anxiety, as well as insomnia

Wuboo
31-01-12, 09:36
I might look in to the Valerian but not sure if I can take it with Sertraline. I ended up switching my medication to morning as off today although I am not sure if that will help as I have been taking the Sertraline for 2 weeks at 6pm and no restless sleep. I may pop back down the docs tomorrow to get some advice.

EDIT: Oh, looks like their might be an interaction with Valerian & Sertraline.