PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with job interviews again?

samtheman
29-01-12, 10:08
After recent redundancy I have found myself back on the dole. While working I guess my general anxiety went away but its now back in full force with having so much free time on my hands. I've been apply for jobs and now the interviews are starting to come through, I've got 1 tomorrow and 2 on Tuesday, but how do you perform well in an interview when you are trying to stop yourself from having a panic attack and running out of there?

pinkdove
29-01-12, 11:08
Hi Sam, i had an interview in november, and thought the same as you, but surprisingly i handled it quite well, went in with the attitude, if i get it great if i don't....so what.

I did get the job, but unfortunaltely the hours were not right for me, but i did it, and so can you.

i know what you mean about having too much time on your hands, and thinking to much, good luck with your interview...you can do it, an don't worry too much about it, oh and i told them on the interview why i had been out of work, they were symathetic, and i was still offered the job, so don't worry, just be you x

samtheman
29-01-12, 11:33
Hi Sam, i had an interview in november, and thought the same as you, but surprisingly i handled it quite well, went in with the attitude, if i get it great if i don't....so what.

I did get the job, but unfortunaltely the hours were not right for me, but i did it, and so can you.

i know what you mean about having too much time on your hands, and thinking to much, good luck with your interview...you can do it, an don't worry too much about it, oh and i told them on the interview why i had been out of work, they were symathetic, and i was still offered the job, so don't worry, just be you x

Thanks, I will try.

Gary13i
30-01-12, 13:32
I used to interview some people in my job, trust me they will be just as nervous as you or maybe that was just me.

martintlane
31-01-12, 06:21
Hi I have found that deep breathing helps to control attacks, you have to spend some time with this but it does work. Practising this technique at home before hand will help you when you get into a situation

samtheman
31-01-12, 10:14
First interview yesterday went really really well, I think alot depends on the interviewer but the guy I had yesterday was really great and made me feel at ease. So I have another today, kinda dreading it as it involves an aptitude test which could take up to 2 hrs:mad:

pinkdove
31-01-12, 17:04
Well done sam, and good luck :)

samtheman
04-02-12, 18:31
Got rejected both jobs:weep: Hateful when you put so much effort in and you think u did well.

pinkdove
04-02-12, 19:39
Sam, you did it, and that's a hugh step, the right job is out there for you, and you know you can do it now so well done!!!!