PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Lynz26
29-01-12, 14:22
Hi my names lyndsay and I'm 26 (in a week) this is my first time on here and was wondering if anyone can help. For the past 3 months I have been suffering which I'm guessing is panic attacks I started with getting a horrible pain in my chest that makes my arm tingle and go numb I had many tests including lung scans X-rays blood tests breathing tests all of which came back clear. I stopped staying at my boyfriends as this is where the first attack happened I get nervous when I leave the house and haven't been able to drive for couple months. I feel even on a good day that I am in my own little world and everything happening around me is like a dream. At random times my heart feels like its beating really fast sometimes I get really hot and dizzy other times jus really nervous and panicky. I get lots of headaches like a tight band or pressure. And sometimes feel like I can't control thoughts iny head and feel like I am going crazy. I always get worse symptoms on and around when my period is due. I am waiting for my first appointment to see a therapist and hoping this will help because I feel like it is destroying my life at the mo.

nomorepanic
29-01-12, 14:24
Hi Lynz26

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paulypaul40
29-01-12, 14:24
dont worry mate i read up these panic attacks cant harm ya sounds like they not making you feel good if yu wanna chat i guarenteee i make you laugh loads haha that sorts lots of things out dont you think....

Lynz26
29-01-12, 14:45
Haha yes laughing def makes u feel better thankyou :) I have read lots of things but just can't seem to make myself feel any better.