PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the docs tomorrow!

Wuboo
29-01-12, 14:42
I've gotta go see my GP tomorrow to inform her how I've been getting on with the Sertraline but I am a little scared to asked for another couple weeks off work. At the moment I am trying to prepare myself for work and wanna get some shifts sorted out but I feel I need a little extra time to get my head together as it's been a VERY bad month panic/anxiety wise, I only now feel like I am getting somewhere and think if I go back to work next week it's going to be a major set back!

Stormsky
29-01-12, 15:15
But maybe if you Leave it too long ,youll find it harder to go back to work tho!
Work is a good routine and distraction...
but if you really feel your not ready, then ask doc for another week off...

JT69
29-01-12, 15:23
Hello

Dont be scared...at the end of the day if you dont feel ready to go back then take some more time out.

I agree that work is a distraction and does help with the recovery and there does need to be an element of push when you go back but make sure you are ready...sometimes that little bit longer does help.

Hope that helps. Your GP is there to help and support you so dont be scared.

Jo.x

Wuboo
29-01-12, 15:37
I've only just started thinking about work again and trying to get myself geared up for it, what I don't wanna happen is to push myself back in to a highly pressured sales environment and then get the extreme panic and anxiety again, but thanks for the advice.

kittikat
29-01-12, 16:29
I'd say go with your gut feeling...you obviously aren't ready to cope with the demands of your job yet. I had 10 weeks off and am now going into my 3rd week of phased return. It was really hard going back, but I knew I had to do it to help my recovery. Tell your GP how you feel and don't go back until you feel mentally able to cope. Sometimes the meds don't help either, you may feel worse in the mornings as I did. Don't be worried, you're just not quite there yet. Good luck x