PDA

View Full Version : Anyone help

Lynz26
29-01-12, 15:39
Hi my names lyndsay and I'm 26 (in a week) this is my first time on here and was wondering if anyone can help. For the past 3 months I have been suffering which I'm guessing is panic attacks I started with getting a horrible pain in my chest that makes my arm tingle and go numb I had many tests including lung scans X-rays blood tests breathing tests all of which came back clear. I stopped staying at my boyfriends as this is where the first attack happened I get nervous when I leave the house and haven't been able to drive for couple months. I feel even on a good day that I am in my own little world and everything happening around me is like a dream. At random times my heart feels like its beating really fast sometimes I get really hot and dizzy other times jus really nervous and panicky. I get lots of headaches like a tight band or pressure. And sometimes feel like I can't control thoughts iny head and feel like I am going crazy. I always get worse symptoms on and around when my period is due. I am waiting for my first appointment to see a therapist and hoping this will help because I feel like it is destroying my life at the mo.

denb676
29-01-12, 16:52
Hi Lynz x

These are all common symptoms and Ialso find that if I am going to feel worse it will generally be around my period! All those hormones flying aroud sure don't seem to help do they??!! Have you got a date yet for your first appointment?!

D x

Lynz26
30-01-12, 21:16
Hi D thankyou for your reply yes I have my first appointment on 8th feb looking forward to it as can't keep going on like this they have also set me up on their website get my own profile which sets me small tasks to complete

Hi kat thankyou for your reply my parents friends and boyfriend have been fantastic I can't go out on my own and try r always there encouraging me. Thankyou for some of the tips I will take them on board :)

Brunette
16-12-13, 10:16
vaevince - why are you adding the same post to every thread?

Breezy
16-12-13, 22:22
Hi Lyndsay and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear of your panic attacks and anxiety, horrible isn't it?!

I too get very hot and dizzy and start to freak out I'm going to feint (which has never ever ever happened!). Good luck for your appointment and remember any tiny improvement you make is good and one step further to achieving your overall goal.