PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine to Citalopram

Monostich
29-01-12, 15:42
Hello folks :)

I'm going to the docs tomorrow and going to insist on him prescribing me Citalopram as I've been on Mirtazapine since April 2011 and it's just not doing anything for me (apart from helping me sleep).

How do I go about this? Do I just ask? :D

In the past, I took Fluoxetine for about 6 months which worked well for me (so well that I can't even remember stop taking it) and a few years later I started Paroxetine (because of panic attacks and anxiety) and was on this for about 5 years but for some reason, it stopped doing it's job which is why I was put on Mirtazapine by the doc (last April 2011).

I've read some amazing success stories about Citalopram. Is it worth me considering seeing as SSRIs have worked really well for me in the past? Or will he say I should get back on Fluoxetine or Paroxetine?

So many questions, sorry! :blush:

(Whoops, wrong forum - sorry!)

dan1234
29-01-12, 16:52
Just explain to your doc that you don't think its working and would like to change.

Citalopram does nothing for my anxiety, that said it seems to have helped plenty of people.

sarahlou1983
29-01-12, 22:11
Im exactly the same Monostitch,im going to ask to come off Mirtazapine too,its making my depression worse and i feel like my emotions have been switched off,i hate it :(

Monostich
09-02-12, 16:47
Im exactly the same Monostitch,im going to ask to come off Mirtazapine too,its making my depression worse and i feel like my emotions have been switched off,i hate it :(

Did you have a chat with your doctor in the end?

I hope you're feeling better :hugs:

LAURA48
09-02-12, 17:56
Hi Monostich - just ask the Dr which one you would like to go on, in a nice way of course, I have just come off Mirtazapine - flat as pancake my mood was. So I asked to go back on to fluoextine 20mg as this had worked well in the past? I also said what about Citalopram and he said no, either Fluoextine or Sertraline (think quite similar) decided on the former on day 4 - here we go again. Good Luck - I found Mirt good for sleep, which I didn't have a problem with but no good for depression or anxiety in fact it got worse. Laura

Stormsky
09-02-12, 18:00
Id say neither!
but im not a fan of meds...they dont cure, only mask problem... and once off them you can be back at square one...
I have taken meds, for years, but been off 6 months...
I appreciate some people say meds are life savers, so good for them if it helps..

Monostich
09-02-12, 19:28
I wonder what it would be like on no meds at all for me. I've been on them for so many years, I forget who 'me' actually is.

Stormsky
09-02-12, 20:42
I wonder what it would be like on no meds at all for me. I've been on them for so many years, I forget who 'me' actually is.

read the current thread SHOULD I STOP AND HOW, we have been discussing this, about coming off and if you get back feeling, emotion, etc