PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine to Citalopram

Monostich
29-01-12, 19:01
Hello folks :)

Has anyone else gone from taking Mirtazapine to Citalopram?

I'm going to the docs tomorrow and going to insist on him prescribing me Citalopram as I've been on Mirtazapine since April 2011 and it's just not doing anything for me (apart from helping me sleep).

How do I go about this? Do I just ask? :D

In the past, I took Fluoxetine for about 6 months which worked well for me (so well that I can't even remember stop taking it) and a few years later I started Paroxetine (because of panic attacks and anxiety) and was on this for about 5 years but for some reason, it stopped doing it's job which is why I was put on Mirtazapine by the doc (last April 2011).

I've read some amazing success stories about Citalopram. Is it worth me considering seeing as SSRIs have worked really well for me in the past? Or will he say I should get back on Fluoxetine or Paroxetine?

And what is the difference between Citalopram and Escitalporam?!

So many questions, sorry! :blush:

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Anyone?

slowfish
29-01-12, 20:51
Hi. I switched from mirtazapine to citalopram last March and had a really rough couple of weeks. Bad nausea, anxiety through the roof, insomnia - basically it was awful! But you might be fine and have no problems - remember everyone reacts differently.

I was on 45mg of mirtazapine, dropped to 30mg for a week, then onto 15mg mirtazapine and 10mg citalopram for two weeks then straight onto 20mg of citalopram. Not sure if it was the withdrawal symptoms of mirtazapine or the start-up side effects of citalopram that made me feel so bad - could have been a combination of both.

I think the switch over was far too quick for me.

All the best.

Monostich
29-01-12, 21:16
Thanks for replying. Are you still taking the Cit? What made you change over if you don't mind me asking?