PDA

View Full Version : I think I got "too well"

Hears The Water
04-05-04, 03:58
Hi y'all! I know it has been quite a while since I posted here. I have missed everyone! I had been doing so much better. Since late Feb. I have done the following things that where scary to me:
I got my drivers licence (this involved having the instructer in the car with me and me touching the computer screen)
I assisted with a children's class at our home school co-op
I took on the chairman position for a major event for our co-op
I am physically touching money
I have gone shopping by myself
I have led a prayer in front of about 50 people
I got up in front of about 35 people to hand out awards
I have visited two different churches
I visited a Sr. art exhibit at our local college twice
I even faced one of my biggest fears and had my eyes examend and picked out new glasses.
So many new things. It seems like lately I have been doing a lot of running. I noticed the other day that it was like God had thrown some kind of "switch" in my head. I was simply not fearful. I think that this must be what it is like to be normal. I realy realy realy liked it! It made me feel almost high! I was all giddy. But now today, the "switch" was flipped back the other way. I feel more like I usted to. And I don't want to go back!!!!! I realy liked the way I felt. I think I may just be tired. I also noticed that I had gotten away from the things that helped me get well in the first place... coming here, breathing correctly, plenty of water, eating well and walking. Some of y'all that have been normal for a while, do you periodically have to battle the old way of thinking? Has anyone ever had the switch left permanatly to the good side? Any and all input would be appreceated! Thanks to all of you for being here.
God bles you and yours
Debbie

Laurie28
04-05-04, 09:16
Hiya Debbie,

I know how you feel. For a while I thought I'm better hurrah and then bang I was back down again. (being scared of my own shadow!!!). You have achieved so much, take this 'time' for what it is, a little blip! All of us have them, it is just a wee setback, and you will come out even stronger at the other end!!!!

Love
Lucky

stimpy
04-05-04, 09:28
Debbie,

Ever heard of the expression, "what goes up must come down" ?

That's all you are doing, coming down to your "normal" level of anxiety.
You've done so much good stuff, your brain is telling you it is time for a rest.

Just because you are resting, it doesn't mean the switch will stay set to danger.

Even superman gets a day off now and again.
Don't be so tough on yourself, you've done great things.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
04-05-04, 13:52
Debbie,

Great to hear you've been so well . Congrats on getting there by shear hard work and for facing so many fears. I do hope you've kept up some sort of scanty journal that you can now refer to a living proof of howe great you've been

I am more and more convinced that panickers will have this as their achilles heel. We can all reach where you have been and really have no issues day to day for months and years on end.
When a severe stress hits or prolonged tiredness sets in, then an old symptom or two creeps in and then how you respond to it sets out the stall for the immediate time ahead.

If you accept it and thank your body for the warning sign - go back to a healthy lifestyle and taking extra care of yourself yet ignoring this symptom then within hours or days it will have gone and you will be anxiety free again. However if you cling to and worry about the symptom and start to downward spiral , then you are vunerable for a large blip.

Its the same as someone with eczema or another chronic ailment always can use its severity as a barometer of their general health. We have our barometer too.

I consider myself really well having had no issues for a long time. I still have my emergency pack and haven't looked at it for many months - but do still always keep fresh tonic water in the car for a potential churny moment as I know that is my first symptom.

Does that help ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Jules31
04-05-04, 14:03
Meg

Just out of interest what do you have in your emergency pack?
Jules

stimpy
05-05-04, 22:37
Well I can tell you what I keep in mine.

In the Panic Section: Valium, painkillers, indigestion and trapped wind tablets, sore throat sweets, rescue remedy, sticky plasters and a dose of spare meds.

In the Distraction Section: A small reading book, small puzzle book, multi coloured ink pen, small book in which I draw and colour in, Small notebook, small radio & headphones.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'