PDA

View Full Version : obsessive about sunstroke

april tones
15-06-06, 19:53
Hi guys!!
been beatimg my ocd but some things dont budge
I am getting obsessed about sunstoke now, its horrible. I am worring about getting it or my son, we do all right things but its the thought of it, feel afraid to go out much in sun, love april x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

april tones
30-06-06, 01:05
bumping up as need advice xx

henri
02-07-06, 22:39
hi april,

i've started getting this fear as well and it's annoying because i've spent months in sunny countries in the past and not worried about it at all, yet last week i went to italy with my boyfriend and found myself panicking about sunstroke the whole time.
i found a way of enjoying the sun but absolutely not getting any sunstroke, which basically involved following all the boring rules. you know them all but i'll list them anyway:

- apply sun lotion (minimum spf 25) every half an hour. find one that you like the smell of so that it doesn't bother you as much.
- wear light, loose clothing
- wear a hat and sunglasses at all times
- when you go to the beach either take a beach umbrella with you or hire loungers that come with one. don't sit in the sun for more than 15 minutes in a go - sit under the umbrella for the rest of the time.
- keep a bottle of water in your bag and sip from it every few minutes. this is probably the most important thing.
- limit alcohol to a couple of drinks when the sun has gone down.

i know these are all so obvious but seriously, i promise that if you do them you will NOT get sunstroke. but you also have to try and distract your mind so you are not worrying about it all the time. if you keep yourself well hydrated and don't let your head or shoulders get too hot, you will be absolutely fine!

hope that has helped in some way, i know how horrible it is when you are obsessing about somethign and can't stop thinking about it,

take care,

henri x

april tones
03-07-06, 08:36
Hi henri

its so nice to know im not alone
One thing gets better and another appears!
thanks again xx

rabbit25
21-07-06, 12:43
I too am scared to go out in the sun incase I get sun stroke.

Sometimes cos of my Mental Health I don't feel 100% but to go out in the sun would make me feel strange. I know its ok to go out in the sun but I've never been one to sunbathe, even on holiday.

I keep saying to myself that I might aswel enjoy the sun as when I don't enjoy Autumn/Winter, theres gotta be a few months per year that I enjoy.

I'm gonna have to get some decent sun cream.

Hope I've explained things properly as I've never been good at describing stuff.

Singing relieves stress

Resea19
08-02-16, 11:27
If you follow the rules that Henri mentioned or any of your own, then convince yourself that you have stuck by the rules so there is no way you can get sunstroke. Think like that so you can believe it.

gatsby12
08-02-16, 19:30
Unless you or your son do heavy work outside in the dead of summer I wouldnt worry to horribly. We in Florida get heatwaves every so often. All you can really do is drink water and don't wear heavy dark clothes.

Sarahjane12
17-02-16, 19:21
I've had sunstroke, my partner has had sunstroke. You can control how much sun you get and plenty of fluids. This will reduce your chances of sunstroke! X