PDA

View Full Version : very embarrassed but I need advice

daisycake
29-01-12, 19:56
Last night I was having a bit of a fumble, as you do.. Due to anti depressant medication I can get half way there but not always fully, it can take me ages and even a vibrator doesn't work at the moment. I was frustrated and just pushed myself to keep going. I think I ended up overbreathing or something or maybe tensing up too much, as I hit a climax but at the same time ended up with a very weird and severe headache as well as a sense of dizziness/breathlessness along with heart pounding. I lay back in bed and tried to relax and the sensation did go away (the headache) as I relaxed, and I fell asleep - but woke up this morning with a stiff neck that I'm going to assume is due to the way I slept or something..

I'm not sure why though I ended up with such a bad headache and I'm not entirely sure what to do. I don't know if I should put it down to overbreathing or something? I'm kinda worried it might point to something far worse though and am quite scared to exercise or exert myself at all now!

Any ideas or help? this was at 1am this morning, I still have a mild headache and a stiff neck if turned to one side (every other side is fine, can put head back, to the left and to chest).. Am panicing that I have had some kind of serious illness and should be getting myself to hospital?

nicola1980
29-01-12, 19:58
Hi headaches are very common when you have an orgasim xx

crystal17
29-01-12, 20:02
I've had this loads, it just means the earth moved for you :yesyes:

Or more scientifically: http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Orgasmic-Cephalgia.htm

daisycake
29-01-12, 20:08
Thank you, glad both of you have heard of it before. Am so worried it is a brain haemorrage but part of me isn't sure. I'm wondering if I ought to phone NHS 24 but I don't know how to tell my mum that I'm worried.

Em.ma
29-01-12, 20:09
"tensing up too much"
when you push and push your self to much you do tense! lol...i can get such severe cramps in my legs when i do this lol... all what you described is very normal...
also if you cant "get" there and keep trying to it does make u over breathe but that doesnt mean its dangerous at all and will give you a headache/dizziness
you are fine :D x

daisycake
29-01-12, 20:16
I'm really scared though, I haven't felt this scared in a long long time :( and I can't tell anyone except you guys

crystal17
29-01-12, 20:17
If the pain came as you climaxed then gradually went away and you are fine now then it wasn't a haemorrage as it wouldnt just disappear and let you go back to normality. If it happens EVERY time you orgasm then I'd advise going to the doctors to see what they suggest.

nicola1980
29-01-12, 20:20
My hubby has had an intense headache/pressure before when he's climaxed :blush: its perfectly normal, apparantly all the blood rushes to your head, please try not to worry and certainly don't let it put you off :winks: xx

Em.ma
29-01-12, 20:20
all i can say is this happens often to me and proberly a lot of women aswell. I know its mot much of a help but i dont feel alarmed by what you have said on here. you sound fine :)
if you are worried can you make an app with a gp/ring nhs? or is that diffucult as you live with your mum? (i understand that as i live with mine and its hard) lol :)
take care.

daisycake
29-01-12, 20:53
Yeah, I have looked it up on google and I do seem to fit the description. i just don;t understand why I have an admittely mild stiff neck too. But maybe that was the way I was lying. I should probably try and tell my mum - we are normally quite open about sex - but I am so scared and don't know how to approach the subject at all. And even if I do tell her, will I trust her advice? If I was on my own - in my flat - I'd probably ring NHS 24 but I'm here and can't just ring them like I would on my own. I'd ring my GP but she says I phone the surgery more than everyone else at the moment, and I'm unsure whether to phone *again*. Quite scared, I am not coping well with life at the moment.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

OK, talked to my mum, she thinks it is a case of blood pressure or breathing too fast. I am beginnign to think that might be the case. Think it was kind of similar to the headaches I get if I've been crying, I think, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I wish I could remember and then I wouldn't be worried. Might ring duty GP tommorow anyway..

Beyonderz
29-01-12, 21:08
Yes I have experienced it few times before :) so no worries. Some people (with migraine history) even have their headaches triggered by orgasms sometimes. And there is nothing to be embarrassed, it's totally natural to talk about those stuff.

Stiff neck; Probably you stressed about it before going to sleep. Hope you feel well soon.

And, don't google health related things pleaseee -.-'
Feel well soon :)

iluvstaffies1
29-01-12, 21:10
When you strain hard it creates tension and stress, hence the term tension headaches. Dont worry you are fine. I get tension headaches a lot caused by various things.

daisycake
29-01-12, 23:30
Feeling not so scared now, thank you for all the help. Feeling a little headachey and neck still weird, but my mum has tried massaging it and applying heat which has helped a bit. Wish I didn't stress so much.

S.dee
29-01-12, 23:44
Everybody can get sex headaches, which is just bcoz of ur hormones, just take paracetamol b4 u do anythin nxt tym x

daisycake
04-02-12, 00:13
Just happened again, although pre climax, with left arm pain too. Am so scared,,have To on Tues and will tel but so worried

Horse
04-02-12, 11:24
Isn't this just bloody typical of Anxiety!
The slightest bit of pleasure and we end up paying for it big time!!

daisycake
04-02-12, 14:30
I know, so frustrating. I wish I knew what was causing it.

Em.ma
04-02-12, 14:33
was you using your left arm. maybe you strained it a bit. i really wouldnt worry all sounds fine and normal.
my thighs can hurt from strain lol.

daisycake
05-02-12, 19:27
No but that would be a good easy explanation :)

Have had one more since - headache that is :winks: - and it's exactly the same, thumping "ow ow ow!" pain , lasts for about 2/3 minutes and then just vanishes. Very strange.

Just went all dizzy and weird when I sneezed.

Sick of worrying but wish I knew what was wrong

Em.ma
05-02-12, 20:06
It sounds like sex headaches daisy. Youve never had them before thats why it is scary for you.
It is ok really. I stuggle to urinate afterwards even if im bursting i just cant go *blush* and that really worries me but im trying not to let it scare me.
But if you are worried a trip to the GPS will calm you. x