PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to the dr's?

katie23
29-01-12, 21:26
Since I started prozac four weeks ago I seem to shake daily.. It starts in the mornings and wears off but then comes back when I eat or do anything. It's not extreme shaking it's more internal but when I put my hand straight out it twitches slightly..

I don't know if to go and see the Dr as I think it might be a SE of the Prozac as it has only started since being on them. But it has got better but it is still there and the shaking really is the only thing making me feel bad now. It's almost like having an energy rush x

Stormsky
29-01-12, 22:16
You could ring the NHS helpline, they are really good at offering advice, if you wanted to check it out before seeing GP....
I get the internal feeling of shaking inside occasionally - but thats the anxiety - i dont take meds anymore....

katie23
29-01-12, 23:21
Ahh I have had it for four weeks now so not overly worried. I think I will book in with my GP but I hate going I feel like hinderence if you get me as I do mither alot when I am anxious x

PinkRoxy
30-01-12, 04:21
I am getting some shaking feeling too which I have no idea what it could be.
I always feel scared when I go and see my gp again but then she is usually so good about it.

Dont feel bad about it if you want some peace of mind then I will suggest I need to go myself but its money and tiime at the moment.

Tish
30-01-12, 05:49
Since I started prozac four weeks ago I seem to shake daily.. It starts in the mornings and wears off but then comes back when I eat or do anything. It's not extreme shaking it's more internal but when I put my hand straight out it twitches slightly..

I don't know if to go and see the Dr as I think it might be a SE of the Prozac as it has only started since being on them. But it has got better but it is still there and the shaking really is the only thing making me feel bad now. It's almost like having an energy rush x
Hi Katie, the shaking is a side effect of taking Prozac. It's one of the reasons I didn't want to go on it but I gave in and am now on day 9. It's more like a tremor and I worry that my head shakes because I feel it in my neck most of all. We'll have to wait and see if it lasts or if it goes away after some time, I hope so.
If you want to set your mind at rest can't you have a telephone consultation with your gp? x

katie23
30-01-12, 16:04
I think thats what I will do.. it was worse at the start but it's been four weeks of shaking it's stopping me do things as it makes me feel weird...

The whole of my body felt odd at the start of taking them kind of like someone was vibrating me from inside. I don't know if prozac are for me maybe I need to try another one. I've been on escitalopram and paroxtine before and they never gave me any side effects like these apart for the first two weeks where you feel anxious etc. x

sickandtired
30-01-12, 16:10
Im on week 8 of fluoxetine and sometimes feel shaky....but because my other symptoms were so bad...the shakiness didnt bother me the same.....
Id give it a few more weeks yet....because mine have really started to work in the last few weeks.....I feel really positive now