PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

swgrl09
30-01-12, 04:05
Went to the doctor Friday about a lymph node in my groin ... about the size of a grape maybe. Mobile, but firm. So she says it is a benign lymph node and to take advil through the weekend, and ice for a week and not touch it. I have been doing all of the above (except it has been very hard not to touch it ... I try to limit myself)

So I gave in and felt it today and at first I freaked because I thought it felt bigger!!! But upon another feel I guess it just feels the same.

Should I be worried??? Should I call her? I am scared that it is cancerous because I would hope it would change size quickly .... ughh hate thinking the worst.

PinkRoxy
30-01-12, 04:17
If its movable then its prob not cancer. I had one on my neck and got given some form of antibiotics and it went down but not completely its still there but very small and flares up sometimes i notice it when my neck feels a little sore in that area.

I would just take your doctors advice for a couple more days and if no improvement then ring up the nurse and see what they say. Maybe you might need some antibiotics but Im not too sure.

swgrl09
30-01-12, 04:24
The hardest part is that I cannot seem to leave it alone. I've been managing to cut down to feeling it when I wake up and before bed (sometimes once at lunch .... :-\) ... but that is still poking at it. She told me to not touch it for a week and I cannot stop!

So I am going to try my anti-anxiety medication that I have not tried yet. The thing is that I had a glass of wine around 2 hours ago, followed by some water. Should I wait longer before taking the medicine?

It might be smaller than a grape ... maybe about a cm.

Danii
30-01-12, 04:43
I have a lump in the same spot, but my DR said its because I recently lost a lot of weight I can feel it more.

Just dont start poking around new spots, I keep finding new bumps i never noticed before! :)

PinkRoxy
30-01-12, 05:42
I am usually the same with lumps like that. I obsess over it and keep feeling it to make sure its ok and if I feel worried I feel like crying and then I get myself all worked up and then next minute it feels ok and I reassure myself but its a constand battle.

Its quite normal to feel like that, I know how hard it could be but also I dont think touching it every now and then is going to hurt.

I hope you feel better soon.