PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New...

Missblondie
15-06-06, 20:46
Hi Everyone, I'm Elle, I Have been suffering from panic attacks for about 2 and a half years now.. I'm just learning how to slow down and do things for me, de-stress and all..

~Blondie

trac67
15-06-06, 20:51
Hi Elle,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ceecee
15-06-06, 20:52
hi elle welcome to the forum!you,ll find lots of good advice her take care rachel x x

Nicki22
15-06-06, 20:53
Hi Elle..welcome to the forum hun x
i too also have panic attacks
Feel free to pm xx

Missblondie
15-06-06, 20:54
Thanks So much! By the way, trac..I love the song "Unwritten" By natasha bedingfield.

~Blondie

trac67
15-06-06, 21:18
Lol Elle, one of my favourites and I think the lyrics are so appropriate :D

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Missblondie
15-06-06, 21:22
Yeah, No Kidding. So.. Do You get panic attacks?

~Blondie

Wenjoy
15-06-06, 21:30
Hi Blondie - I had Panic attacks 24years ago and then none for 20 years and now they have strated up again. My worst symptom is the dizzy lightheaded feeling and breathlessness - scary when you think you cant get your breath but this website is brill - I use it to ask questions and vent off steam when I am fed up. Its brilliant"! Hope it helps you. Love Wenjoy x

Missblondie
15-06-06, 21:38
Hi Wenjoy, Thanks For replying. Yes, I Have the lightheaded feeling and breathlessness.. i also get this Odd feeling of being inside my body, but Not fully awake, as if i'm dreaming or unable to wake up in my own body.
I Hope this Website gives me more support.. But truthfully, I Have just visited The Panic attack forum and was reading about how people pass out/faint during panic attacks.. Thats quite scary to me and i hope i never have to go through that!

~Blondie

EmmaJane
15-06-06, 21:52
Hi Elle, welcome to the site, it takes a while, but i'm sure you will get there.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Missblondie
15-06-06, 21:55
Hi Emma, Thank you so much for the support!!

~Blondie

trac67
15-06-06, 22:37
Hi Elle,

Yes I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety, but I am on meds to help contol them.

Take care
Trac xx

giddy
16-06-06, 07:27
Hi Elle - welcome to the forum
Love Helen

KatiePie
16-06-06, 15:08
Hi Elle

I too suffered from panic attacks but haven't had one for two years now. So there is life after panic...and even with panic!

KatiePie
x

chucklehound
16-06-06, 15:49
Hi Elle and welcome to NMP.

clickaway
16-06-06, 16:42
Welcome to the forum, Elle.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of support and advice here.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
16-06-06, 18:01
Hi Elle

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Two heads
16-06-06, 20:05
hi there blondie!
welcome,im sure you are finding this site great all ready.You will get plenty of help ans surport here on this sitexxx

jackie
18-06-06, 21:18
hiya blonide

any tips on this slowing down would be great

take care

jackie

shiv
19-06-06, 14:32
Hello there and welcome

Shiv x