PDA

View Full Version : What does diazepam feel like???

Gary13i
30-01-12, 10:15
Hiya please can you help me?

I have been prescribed diazepam for my fear of flying.

I know that it affects everyone in a different but I just want to know how it 'should' make me feel?

I am really hoping this will work for me as I have never been on a plane before, Im scared of losing control and being trapped in.

Really worried I will have a panic attack and make a scene.

I have been prescribed 14 x2mg I have read that 2mg is not that great so I was thinking of take 6mg each way.

Hope someone out there can tell me how I should feel of diazepam.

Horse
30-01-12, 11:03
I would strongly advise that you perhaps do a trial run first to see how 2mg affect you as we are all different and the effects can vary in each individual.

I think you basically want to be 'chilled' rather than 'away with the fairies' and still in control of your faculties!

You will then discover how long they take to work and exactly how you cope.

xhyperyogix
30-01-12, 14:27
yes, do a trial run at home. if you've never taken it before 6mg sound quite a lot. personally i really like it. it makes me feel 'safe' and so i dont panic.

have fun on your travels! xx

kate89
30-01-12, 14:33
when i first started taking diazepam i was perscribed 2mg and i found that taking just 1 was good enough it really helped ....the effects tend to stay for at least a few hours so i think you'd be ok depending on how long your flight is.

TheGoldenTomato
30-01-12, 15:06
Diazepam is great - only for flights/panic attacks/intense situations though... because it can be quite addictive.
2mg has lovely effects, it makes you feel chilled out, comfortable and takes the edge off any panic. :) It shouldn't make you sleepy though... depends on the person I guess. Some people even need more than 2mg.
P.S. As long as you're not allergic to it then luckily Diazepam isn't associated with any bad side effects. :yesyes:

dan1234
30-01-12, 20:51
There are bad effects with most drugs, luckily they don't effect most users.

4mg should be more than enough.

Monostich
31-01-12, 12:52
Diazepam is lovely! But only use it as last resort, as it's very addictive :)