PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about bowel cancer

bettykitten
30-01-12, 14:57
It's that Be Cancer Aware advert that I've seen this morning where a bloke is telling his doctor that his stools are loose, very loose. Mine have been too! :weep:

Mine have been on and off since about November tbh, but then again, November was the start of my latest anxiety/depression flare-up. Coincidence? My health anxiety doesn't think so.

On the plus side, I have no blood/mucus and am regular. Just wish I could stop being so paranoid. I got my last set of fears allieved last week and felt great all weekend, now I am worrying about this. When will it all end?

ps started my Sertraline today. Fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Anyone about to talk to me/tell me to stop whingeing?

happycarrot
30-01-12, 17:37
Do you have any pain or other symptoms? Some IBS sufferers have frequent diarrhea.

bettykitten
30-01-12, 18:27
I have no pain apart from a right-sided niggle under my rib which I think is down to my reflux problems (GP agrees) although, I have actually pressed on that point today and it feels more like my actual rib! So probably have a bruised rib from too much playfighting with my 4 year old :D

Weirdly, on days where I haven't worried so much, my poo seems normal. On anxiety days, that's when they seem loose. I do have more anxiety days than not though :(

xfilme
30-01-12, 19:24
if it makes you feel any better, the average age for bowel cancer diagnosis is 71. x

bettykitten
30-01-12, 19:34
I know that statistically I am young to get this disease but it does happen, sadly. Also, I have eaten badly over christmas and piled weight on and done sod all exercise. I could kick myself. :weep: