PDA

View Full Version : Low white cells

Savannah
30-01-12, 14:33
I had my bloods done last week, my ferritin was low again, hb normal but my white cells were 3.9 and Neutrophils were 1.6. The receptionist said gp had told me to carry on with my iron.

Last year I had my bloods done every 3 months due to my low ferritin and each time my white cells were 3.9 so borderline as normal is anything over 4. In September my bloods were normal, not low at all but now they are again.

Has anyone had this? My gp isn't concerned.

lelespears
30-01-12, 14:54
Mine were below normal this month, and my lymphocytes, dr said its normal for them to vary.. I'm pretty worried but people on here said don't be.

Lele x

bettykitten
30-01-12, 14:56
It is normal.They vary all the time and you know nothing about it so don't worry about it now! :)

Savannah
30-01-12, 15:32
Mine were low last year but last test they'd gone up within normal range. Now they are low again. When I've looked online it just points to serious conditions. Gp hasn't called me in to discuss them, note just said I needed iron for my ferritin. The receptionist told me they were low:/

Can it mean my immune system is low? I've not been I'll recently. I'm tired but assumed it was my iron and gp did the blood test to check my ferritin as its usually low.

I can't help but worry:/

lelespears
30-01-12, 15:43
I wasn't ill either.. Dr google points to all the worst things.. If u go to page 2 or 3 you will see my post and everyone saying its normal.

Savannah
30-01-12, 16:05
Thank you. I'll take a look x

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Just had a read.

I guess I'm just concerned as I've been very tired lately, but I assumed that was due to my ferritin being 19. Gp hasn't commented on my white cells though so I guess he's not concerned.

I just didn't know whether to call him about it or not.

Savannah
31-01-12, 00:56
Gp is calling me tomorrow/today. Worrying what he might say about my results:(( I can't sleep

Savannah
31-01-12, 07:19
Sorry?