PDA

View Full Version : CBT

jayork
30-01-12, 15:57
Cognitive behavioral therapy or 'CBT' what are your thoughts? has anyone actualy done a course of this and stuck at it thoroughly, if so what were the results? did it work for you. I am on a waiting list to do 'CBT' but it is 6 months long! are there any self help net based courses and are they worth doing or do you need the therapy that comes with it? If all else fails, even tho i can't really afford it would going private benefit me?

sickandtired
30-01-12, 16:05
Ive heard good things about CBT.....I went to my docs in November and was told CBT list was 6 months....but my first session is on the 14th Feb.......I had my assessment last week and feel positive this will help with my recovery.you may not have to wait 6 months.....going private is quite expensive,but if you feel it wont wait,then i wouldnt blame you for paying.....if i had to wait any longer...my hubby would definitely let me go private

Lynz26
30-01-12, 21:27
My first cbt appointment is on 8th feb will let u know how this goes they also have given me a self help website which will give me goals to work towards in between sessions

robinhall
31-01-12, 09:21
Hi Everyone

Please check out the CBT4PANIC course that is recommended here on nomorepanic. You will find many success stories on this site.

best of luck.
Robin

mistymoo
31-01-12, 17:12
ive had about 20 CBT sessions, the key is to be honest and open with the therapist, try and complete the tasks set for you and just see how it goes, my sessions were for agoraphobia, and although i did well whilst attending, ive now gone back to my old way of thinking, i had to wait 18 months for CBT, good luck, youve nothing to loose:)