PDA

View Full Version : A little about me!

angel85
30-01-12, 18:26
Hi,

Can't remember if I did an introduction thread so here goes.

I have suffered with anxiety/stress disorder since 1979, severity has ranged from not wanting to leave the house in the early 80's to now which is someone resigned to the fact that life will always have its difficulties and just hoping that you come out the other end with some sanity remaining.
There are some things in life that I just won't do because I couldn't stand the discomfort and wouldn't want to do them anyway, there are also some things I do that I want to but I know its going to be hard, like holidays.

My husband and I have been married 31 years and with him being Italian it means most years we travel out to Sardinia where his mum lives, we fly usually, don't think I could do a long car journey let alone the ferry:blush:
We are due to go again in August, already I am getting nervous about it. I am taking Cipralex at the moment, havent' been on it long, maybe about 4 months now, not sure if it works or not, I still get nervous/anxious/stressed, need to see my doc again to talk about it, he said it will be trial and error at the moment until we find a med that suits me after Citralopram failed me after a couple of years and Sertraline didn't agree with me.

So here I am, hoping one day I can do this on my own without meds, who knows, miracles do happen:whistles:

diane07
30-01-12, 18:28
Hi angel85

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nicola1980
30-01-12, 18:29
Hi and :welcome: xx

angel85
30-01-12, 21:12
Thanks for the welcome.

Has anyone else tried hypnotherapy or know of a good hypnotherapist? hopefully in the south east of the country, won't be going up to Scotland any time soon LOL. x

sallad
30-01-12, 21:56
Funny that you can travel by plane! That is my worst fear. You seem very brave to me. Good luck.