PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Feduphelp
30-01-12, 18:30
Hello my name is Alix and have just joined.

I have been getting panic attacks and suffer from anxiety for a month now and its the worse feeling for me i cry alot and feel i cant cope!!!
I have a 3year old son and a loving family but still feel down and scared...

Im hoping to find comfort and help from this site

hope to hear from someone soon

ALIX X

nomorepanic
30-01-12, 18:31
Hi Feduphelp

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

nicola1980
30-01-12, 18:31
Hi and :welcome:, you'll get loads of help and support on here, i too suffer panic attacks and anxiety xx

Feduphelp
30-01-12, 18:43
That is great, im sorry to hear that but know how you feel!! mine are getting better from when i first started to get them but they are still horrible. Im trying to understand it better aswell....

How long have you been getting yours? xxx

nicola1980
30-01-12, 18:46
Ive had them on and off for years (im 31) but they got really bad in sept last year, do you take any meds to help? im currently on 30mg of citalopram xx

Feduphelp
30-01-12, 18:53
oh right, no i got the bach rescue remedy spray today and it worked for a couple of hours :)!
When i went to my doctors she did not prescribe me anything which was disapoiting. Does it work what you are taking? xx

nicola1980
30-01-12, 18:56
Ive not been on it that long and its took a while to kick in as all AD's do but think im gradually turning a corner, the side effects weren't pleasent though :ohmy: xx

sickandtired
30-01-12, 18:59
go back to your doctors...be truthful and tell him/her how debilitating this is for you.....your crying bouts mean the anxiety has got a hold of you and you may start to feel depressed....it is so scary and such a horrible place to be in.
Im on week 8 of fluoxetine and havent had a panic attack in a month......I feel alot better x

Feduphelp
30-01-12, 19:05
oh, that is good then that your turning a corner and im scared to go onto medication beacuse of the side effects as i might have panic attacks xx

Hi sickandtired i am going to book an appoitment this week to see her . I do suffer from border lione depression because of an incident that happened when i was 16 but the doctors was not keen to start me on ati-depresants xx

sickandtired
30-01-12, 22:15
how old are you? I only ask because some AD's arent suitable for people under 21....
side effects can be really rough and your anxiety may get much worse before the meds finally kick in and work...
here is my first few months on fluoxetine
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105775
good luck at the docs...let me know how you get on

Feduphelp
31-01-12, 13:49
I am 23. oh right i didnt know that i went to my doctors today and got an appoitment next week so will let you know...
I will look at your link now... thank you for the advice means alot x