PDA

View Full Version : Coming off citalopram

The_raven_blade
30-01-12, 23:08
I've been weaning off the antidepressant for over a month now but think I have done it the wrong way, does it make you more aggressive and makes you loose your temper ? I'm a really calm person even in the most complex situations now I'm showing signs of aggression on small things. Is this the doing of the tablets ?

nomorepanic
30-01-12, 23:37
I have moved this to the medication forum for you

dan1234
02-02-12, 11:31
I was on 40mg of citalopram and just stopped. Had no problems with aggression etc. It affects everyone differently.

nicola1980
02-02-12, 11:49
when i last weaned myself off cit and i did it way too quick hence my bad relapse and needing to start taking it again :mad: i was so short tempered i actually lunched my sons luchbox at the wall one day when my hubby said something that pee'd me off and that is so unlike me..........i was ratty all the time, snapping at everyone and had severe road rage :blush: i believe to wean off this med sucessfully then you need to do it really slowly like drop 5mg every month, good luck xx

pinkdove
02-02-12, 11:50
Hi maybe you should have reduced your dose slowly, but it could be the withdrawal that is making you like this, the fact you know you are is a good sign.

Have a word with your gp, and make sure and don't suffer in silence, get some help it's out there. wishing you all the best xx