PDA

View Full Version : No longer feeling anxious but still have sensations :(

apluse
31-01-12, 01:00
Hi everyone, i've been suffering with health anxiety nearly a year now. My HA started when i got a boil and i convinced my myself i needed to have an operation. I started to panic and was feeling really stressed and was also stressing about uni. I saw my dr about the boil and he gave me antibiotics and it cleared up.

However this is where the nightmare began, i started to get sharp pains in my chest and couldn't take deep breaths, started getting panic attacks, completely lost my appetite, constantly checking my pulse and temperature. I saw numerous drs, had blood tests, ecg and examinations and they all said that im suffering from HA.

During the summer my dr referred me to CBT and initially i was supposed to have 6 sessions but the therapist cancelled on 3 occasions and couldn't complete it because i had to go back uni. Whilst i was doing CBT, i felt even worse and didn't have any faith in it.

Once back at Uni i felt slightly better for 2 weeks but it returned shortly afterwards. ATM im not feeling anxious but i still get the sensations and i dont understand why? i no longer checking my pulse or temperature but still get pains in my chest and lest arm, stomach pains and headaches almost everyday.

I've seen my dr about my headaches and he thinks its from clenching, i've had an eye test and its fine. Recently i discovered a movable lump in my neck and went to my gp and he couldn't feel anything abnormal. I dont understand why cant i have pains in my right arm and why am i in discomfort everyday, its really frustrating! How can someone according to doctors is healthy feel like this? I don't feel healthy in my body, i really don't know what to do anymore!

apluse
31-01-12, 23:40
Does anyone else feel the same way?

Haybee
01-02-12, 02:44
I know what you mean with some of those symptoms. I also get pains, chest pains, headaches etc. it's horrible. I'm new to all this anxiety stuff so I can't recommend much at the moment, i just wanted you to know you're not alone x

Stormsky
01-02-12, 06:37
The physical symptons can linger around long after anxiety has gone... so even though your not anxious , the physical symptons still show up... (like theyre trying to make you anxious again, so just try and ignore them) Unless you have any real health concerns , then see GP

apluse
03-02-12, 01:10
Thank you for the replies, there are times where i'm 100% sure it's HA but that 5% doubt that always creeps in and start thinking something is wrong with me

valley
03-02-12, 04:15
It is normal to still have sensations after the anxiety is gone. Over time the sensations will become less and less, but in the meantime your body has been sensitized to the anxiety and will respond in a way that produces the sensations without you even feeling anxious. I know it is frustrating, but it is normal and part of the anxiety, and it will pass. There is a great book by Dr. Claire Weekes, Hope and Help for your Nerves that explains this very well. You may want to check it out, it helped me tons.