PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety signs even when not feeling anxious?

jarmummy123
31-01-12, 12:14
Over the past few days I have felt less anxious but still have the signs I did have such as headaches, off balance, tense and slight twitching.

As I have these signs its making me think its something other than HA, then my HA kicks in again.

Can you have the signs of HA even when you don't feel as anxious?

Conorm
31-01-12, 12:21
You can of course still experience your anxiety even if you dont feel generally anxious, but you can still be it without knowing x

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

or you anxious about not feeling anxious, then you begin to feel anxious ,thats the cycle

MaryMac
31-01-12, 12:25
I think if you've been anxious for a long time, it doesn't just "stop" suddenly. I've been less anxious today but still get little twitches here and there. I was with friends on Sunday night, and for the first time in a long time I felt happy and relaxed and forgot pretty much about being anxious and felt great!! I wasn't even aware of my body if that makes sense.

Pipkin
31-01-12, 12:57
Me too. I often get the symptoms of anxiety, even when I don't think I'm particularly anxious. Even when I really try to relax, my heart can be pounding. I find the best thing is distraction - reading if I can concentrate, or watching tv.

Hope that reassures you a bit.

Pip

swgrl09
31-01-12, 13:12
When you are anxious you get so tense that your muscles can be affected for a while before they relax again. It took a week for my twitches to go away after one bad night.

Stormsky
31-01-12, 13:19
Anxiety has been with us so long, the feelings dont just go away, even when we are relaxed or have nothing making us anxious... just ignore those symptons and they will die off..

Beyonderz
31-01-12, 15:32
That's why it's called anxiety/panic disorder. You feel all symptoms even though you have nothing to worry about or feel anxious. My panic problems started like that, I didn't have any worries or even not much HA, the time when I started experiencing panic attacks.
Then I got help from medication and now I feel a lot better with panic attacks. But HA is still there and visits from time to time.

cluesforblues
31-01-12, 17:39
Yep i was the same as Beyonderz. I felt fine I remember telling the doctor "but im not anxious".