PDA

View Full Version : ESA making you feel a liar..

Butterfly22
31-01-12, 12:58
I have my ESA medical later on this afternoon, and I am quite disturbed by what I have read, how no matter what you say or how you say it, they can make you look a complete liar! really doesnt help when you are already down and suffering. Stuff like because you havent had a panic attack during examination that they can say you dont have them? erm, you cant just have a panic attack at a given time! and because you follow your local football team or go to the allotments you are not depressed, Oh come on! this is crazy! :weep:

Other examples include:

Does the mental condition prevent him or her from undertaking leisure activities previously enjoyed?

This one is a beauty, the alleged ‘Doctor’ is trying to trip you up again. If you say you are suffering from depression and yet still follow your local football team then this proves you are not depressed. If you say you sometimes get to the allotment to see to your pigeons, then you are fit enough to travel to work. These questions are geared to prove everything you have entered on your IB50 form is false and can be medically debunked by your own answer. I don’t know about you, but my disability prevents me from pursuing any of my previous hobbies, full stop.

Can he or she concentrate to read a magazine article or follow a radio or television programme?

They are still looking to trip you up here if you have said you cant sit for long periods, despite the fact that you lie in bed to read, watch TV or listen to the radio! They also deduce that you can read, which means to them you can manage your own finances, bills etc, letters, and mail in general, that your eye sight and concentration levels are excellent and in one email I received last night, that you can operate a computer without difficulty? Where on earth does it mention finances, computers or concentration in the question?

As you all well know, you cant just "have the symptoms at any given time". Gonna feel like a complete liar this afternoon when Im telling the truth!

paula lynne
31-01-12, 15:49
I sympathise with you, thats how they made me feel. How did you get on? x

pinkdove
31-01-12, 16:55
Yes butterfly, they made me feel like that as well, in the end just gave up, but i know that's not always easy, i had hubby to turn to, and we should'nt need to either, but i just could'nt handle it anymore, they said i didn't rock back and forwards looked clean and well dressed.....that must mean i was fine, they haven't got a clue. hope you have better luck x

Butterfly22
31-01-12, 18:45
had the examination this afternoon, felt rather anxious and on edge and indimidated by the whole thing. I think its ridiculous how they presume things about you just because you are clean and well dressed etc. I was asked about meds, side effects, daily stuff and could I use a phone? can I make a hot drink? could I open my mail? it just seems pointless exercise.

Wuboo
31-01-12, 20:18
I feel for those on or attempting to get ESA. Those lot that work in the DWP are a waste of space and would never in my life want to deal with them again.