PDA

View Full Version : No sleep

linzmbrown
31-01-12, 13:28
Hi all. This is my first post on the nomorepanic forum. I have suffered with anxiety for a few years now and is has come and gone. It is back with a vengance now though and is particularly affecting my sleep. Now I am becoming worried and anxious over going to sleep and feel I have got myself into a viscious circle.

I lay in bed with palpitations which won't seem to go away no matter what I do. I have restless legs, dry mouth, the need to go to the loo every 10 minutes and just a strange feeling of being weak and unwell.

Lately I have also been really over reacting about certain symptoms worrying that they could be something serious. Last night I spent ages worrying I had pneumonia! All this was triggered because my Dad informed me earlier in the evening a distant relative passed away from pneumonia. Even though I know that this was the reason, it didn't seem to stop me from worrying. I had NO sleep at all last night and am feeling so tired now. Would love to hear from anyone for reassurance and support. I feel so alone right now.

Carys
31-01-12, 13:47
Hiyer Linz ? (just guessing from your user name),

Thats the trouble with sleep and anxiety isn't it; anxiety makes you exhausted and then you drop in to bed, only to find the adrenaline still coursing through your veins and your eyes wide open and yourself feeling panicky. The more you worry about not sleeping, the harder it becomes...every now and again I have a few days where night after night I can't sleep and I get more and more worked up about it and then don't sleep (of course) !

Have you tried a nice bed time routine....warm bath ? reading a good book in bed ? Making a hot water bottle ? Once the light is out some simple relaxation techniques could help - focusing on each area of your body and imagining it heavy and warm. Work your way through from your feet up and REALLY concentrate on the muscles of the body. After that why not slowly focus on counting backwards from 100 to 1, then do it again, and again. You will find your kind wanders at first, visualise the numbers and if you lose count start again. Well it works for me - worth a try ?

neil1975
31-01-12, 17:59
Hi,

Have you tried taking a magnesium supplement?

I think this may help you?

Look up some of the symptoms of magnesium deficiency. Restless legs and palpitations are some of them.

Best Wishes,

Neil