PDA

View Full Version : Hello new friends

LeStrawb
31-01-12, 15:38
Hi everyone

My nickname is Tilly and I'm 39. I've been suffering from anxiety on and off for around 12 years (GAD, but with some health anxiety and a bit of agrophobia - such going away from home overnight).

I have been reading the forum for a couple of weeks and - while I wish none of us had to suffer in this way at all - I've taken enormous comfort from people who seem to be 'just like me' in their thoughts and symptoms and also the support and kindness shown by others.

I was on Seroxat for three years or so several years ago but managed to successfully come off that and be relatively OK, with just the odd 'extreme' bout of anxiety every few months. I also had some good CBT over quite a long more recent period, but I paid for that privately, was never offered much talking therapy from the NHS.

I've had a horrid attack of acid reflux (pain, globus, jaw ache, shakes) over the last six weeks or so, which has been very distressing anxiety wise. No doubt one fuelling the other. I am being treated with Omeprazole - now increased to 40mg after two weeks on 20mg, and I've also been prescribed 80mg slow release Propranolol (after being on 30mg daily for a couple of weeks). I am phobic of Propranolol and am trying to work my way up to taking my first 80mg tablet tonight, five days after I picked them up. I'm very scared. Any support or words of encouragement on this in particular would be appreciated.

Otherwise, I look forward to 'meeting' you and I wish you all the best.

Tilly

diane07
31-01-12, 15:39
Hi LeStrawb

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
31-01-12, 15:44
Welcome Tilly, glad to have you with us x:welcome:

pinkdove
31-01-12, 16:59
:welcome: tilly to nmp, sirry you are having a rough time, i have taken slow release propanolol (inderell) don't be scared it's the same med, but releases the dose throughout the day, i had no problems when i took it, hope this helps x

robinbrum
31-01-12, 18:00
Propranolol have never harmed me and are very good at what they do. I take them PRN and have done for over 25 years and with no ill effects, unlike like certain other medications.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Welcome, by the way:)

michal
01-02-12, 10:59
Hello i am Michal Rider fashion designer at live California in USA .................!