PDA

View Full Version : very nervous and scared

luckyme
31-01-12, 17:45
Hello Everyone,

My anxiety level is at an all time high. I have not been to a doctor in ages and im very scared of finding out im dying. I finally got my med insurance, here in the us its really hard to get decent insurance for a good price.

Lately i have been experiencing a weird sensation in my chest (by my heart) like if something is there and when i breath in i have gas coming up. I am so nervous that i have some sort of heart problem. I smoke and i want to quit but it is very difficult. I am very soon. Also i am 26

Please let me know if you have ever felt anything like this.

Thanks

swgrl09
31-01-12, 17:59
I'm not quite sure I understand your description ... but from what I take out of what you said, it sounds like gas or indigestion. How long has this been going on?

Also totally understand how hard it is in the US to get affordable insurance. Luckilly with the new healthcare law I can stay on my dad's until I am 26 or if I get married (and my boyfriend gets great insurance through work). But if I were to get my own through work - and that means it is not as expensive as full price - id still be shelling out 500 a month just for myself, not including any medical costs if i go to the doctor. I can't afford that as a grad student.

But if you haven't been in a while, might as well go and get checked out just so that you feel better! I did that this past year, I was very nervous as I had not been in a long time and it wasn't as bad as I thought. You are young, it should be alright.

luckyme
31-01-12, 18:12
Well it happens on and off. its kind of like there is something trapped there.

Yes its getting harder and harder these days to meet your healthcare needs. Its all business.

I have been suffering from hypochondria and anxiety for a long time and unlike most hypochondriacs i don't like to go to the doc. I will work the courage to go this time.