PDA

View Full Version : Had a set back today. Will I ever be normal ??

AngelHeart
31-01-12, 19:59
Brief history, deveolped GAD and HA after birth of my daughter 10 years ago but got it under control and only had the odd panic attack . Then last year and beginning of this had a few things happen which sent everything into overdrive again. Started feeling anxious and having PA again. Got labyrinthitis last year and whikst am recovering I still feel off balance from time to time.

Was signed of work 4 weeks ago and had a couple of days here and there feeling really bad and anxious but for just over a week started to manage it, sleep better, go back the gym e.t.c am even due to start work again on thurs but this morning woke with anxiety again and churning somach , felt sick , went the gym but felt awful and only did 20 mins, went for a walk later on with my daughter for half an hour but I still have the sickness and churnung stomach and I feel so so tired :/

I'm worrying that I will always feel this way,. I look at myself back in last Sep and how good and happy I felt and now I'm a wreck. I;m trying everything to try and get better but it worries me when I have these setbacks and think its never going to change. So hard to stay positive when your like this ! Sorry for the rant xxx

cathycrumble
31-01-12, 20:05
If you dont want to take meds i would sugest you buy claire weeks peace from nervous suffering or self help for your nerves she is so good at talking about setbacks and panic attacts.

I am on day 26 of fluoxitine and I am only just getting over the sickness and SE but I must say I do feel a bit better but it's early days yet.

Cathy xx

macc noodle
31-01-12, 20:05
:hugs:

Don't be too hard on yourself - I think that we all blip from time to time especially when a real health issue crops up and you suffer HA. It makes it really really difficult to maintain equilibrium - I know having the same problems myself.

Think we just have to take a day at a time and try not to carry forward to the next day the negative thoughts that we have suffered from the previous day (if possible).

Pauline I am sure that you will feel a lot better soon - did you have therapy to overcome your problems ? If so, are there any strategies you can try and employ to help you through ?

I am currently in a relentless phase of panic and it sucks - soooo tiring and sooo hard to find a way of making it go. I am off to see my therapist again on Friday to see if she can inspire me to fight the fight and overcome this latest blip - BUT I remain sure that I can somehow and I am sure you will do the same.

:hugs:

Macc Noodle
xxxx

AngelHeart
31-01-12, 20:17
Thank you very much , both of you. Cathy , I'm so made up you're starting to feel better , I will have to look for that book as its mentioned so many times.

I didn't have any therapy first time round but I am on the list for councelling, lot of things have happened in my life and I alot of people have said I've coped with it great and that I'm strong but sometimes I really don't feel like it. At the minute, I am pushing myself every day to get through this. But I feel so unhappy at the moment and I just want to be happy and look forward to things again, this inner ear infection ( labs ) has really affected me. I've had it for 16 weeks now and it just has to get better on its own but it makes you feel so awful, sick and off balance.

Thanks for your support and tomorrow is another day and am just not going to dwell on today and be positive that tomorrow wont be the same xxx

cathycrumble
31-01-12, 21:04
My ex husband had that middle ear problem and it does take a while and he was finding it a bit wobbly when walking but he is great now so just take the pills if you are on them and I am sure it will improve.

Cathy xx