PDA

View Full Version : Upper Gi

madeuprolemodel
31-01-12, 21:07
I have been experiencing sharp pain on the upper left side of my tummy just near the ribs under my left boob... happens in different stages and the pain varies... anyway the doctor has referred me to a upper gi as i had some blood tests done and there was slight inflammation ( which sounds so scary!all i think is cancer cancer cancer) and tomorrow is my appointment...

i was wondering if anyone has been before and could give me some advice on what happens etc? Im so nervous :(

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

anyone :weep:

nomorepanic
31-01-12, 21:57
I am not sure what an upper GI is - can you explain please

madeuprolemodel
31-01-12, 22:06
i WISH i knew what it was :( all i know is the doctor has referred me to upper gi service? i think its todo with gastro?

Carys
31-01-12, 22:21
Gastro intestinal ?

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

This is a bit of a guess, but seeing as nobody has replied I'll give it a shot :roflmao:

I think they may be checking for a stomach ulcer, acid reflux and other possible reasons for the inflammation. I once had a barium meal as I had a sore area at the top of my stomach and this was tied in with checking for the heliobacter stomach bacteria/virus ? that can cause stomach inflammation and a hiatus hernia.

Inflammation isn't cancer, honestly, there are 101 other reasons for an area of inflammation. Please don't worry, easier said than done I know. Let us know how you got on tomorrow.