PDA

View Full Version : Noise/anxiety

Forest
01-02-12, 13:05
Hi All,

I have a problem which I find very strange that I would call noise/anxiety. I have posted a letter in the introduction section so this is my only second post. I live in a nice house with good neighbours and have two children 6, and 2 and a great wife and a good job. The problem I have is that the neighbours children behind us have mentioned that they might be moving. they are great neighbours very quiet just like my family as we respect other peoples lives, I am worried in case they do move that we get somebody in that has dogs and have partys, BBqs and are generally noisy. I know we might also get somebody respectful in but i cant help but worry and I seem to listen out for noise all the time. If I here anything in there garden like the children or my neighbours who we do get on with I seem to go indoors so I can not here anything. I know I am being very silly about this matter but I can not seem to shake it off, if anybody else has or had this problem or just any general advice I would very much like to here how you cope with it.
Thankyou.

theharvestmouse
01-02-12, 17:06
Not sure what you are saying here, that noise in general makes you anxious?

Or that the thought of the neighbours from hell moving next door is making you anxious?

Stormsky
01-02-12, 17:10
You have no power over your neighbours moving or what type of people buy it... so no point torturing yourself over something you have no control over... all the worry in the world wont change them moving and new neighbours coming.... if the worst happened and new neighbours were noisy, then you can go round and talk to them about the noise... if you have to worry, Worry on the day they move out, not before !!!

Mindful
01-02-12, 19:19
My neighbours have bought their kid a bloody basket ball net thing... bounce bounce bounce bounce ALL the time.. if he isnt bouncing the ball he is kicking it against the wall. grrrrrrrr

He is a child of about 8, he has to play some where bless him ! Yeh yeh lol id like to pop that bloody ball

Forest
01-02-12, 20:18
Thanks for your replys,

I think I am worried because at the moment i have a nice quiet life with good neighbours and the problem is that If They move all that nice quiet life might no longer be. I know I am worrying about something that might not happen but I find it hard not to think about it. Like I say I seem to listen out for any noise and even though I know I am stupid I find it hard not too.

Stormsky
01-02-12, 20:21
Its the fear of change... you obviously dont like change in your life, change that you cant control that is ?
Have you seen your GP about your noise sensitivity?

Forest
01-02-12, 20:25
Thanks Stormsky,

I think you are right about the change issue. if all stays the same I am happy but if things are about/Do change then my mind starts to worry about what may happen. I have not seen the doctor as I want to get through this myself.

Stormsky
01-02-12, 21:06
Ok then make a plan... stop worrying for now, as 1. they havent moved yet. 2.can actually be months before they do move once theyve sold. 3. new neighbours may be great, better even!!,
Do you talk to the current neighbours, as you an always ask who they sold to when they do that is....
So for now let it go, stop fearing this for now!
and worse case senario, you will have to perhaps go to gp for some help/counselling///you cant go on like this...
Our neighbours have just put house on market too... but no point in me worrying, cant change any of it !

Forest
01-02-12, 21:15
Once again thanks for your advice and I shall try to take it on board. Thankyou........

Forest
09-02-12, 21:32
Anybody else ever had this problem.

Forest
01-03-13, 13:24
Hi Again been a while since I was on here well nearly a year ago actually and all was great as the new neighbours (elderly couple) moved in and are great the problem has now started again as they come round to see us and told us they were putting the house back on the market as they are going to move upto Scotland. They have been grerat neighbours and now all my old fears have come back to haunt me once again. have phoned to see the doctor to see what he recommends this time.

rcs
02-03-13, 03:39
I have GAD and i am very sensitive to traffic noise as i live near a busy junction and people being loud and irritating especially on mobile phones . I could list another 20 things that annoy me at the moment but noise sensitivity is definitely one of them.

Forest
03-03-13, 20:53
How do you cope with the problems you Have rcs?.

Forest
09-03-13, 13:57
Anybody else know how to get over this issue or suffer from something similar.

Forest
16-05-13, 19:17
Been on the meds for about a month now fluxotine 20mg every day and I feel ok. The neighbours have got a buyer for the house as the sold sign is now up but as yet have not been able to ask them who's moving in. I know I worry about things but hopefully once again I will get good neighbours who value there peace and quiet like me, fingers crossed.