PDA

View Full Version : ALSO CROSS AND ALSO RANTING!!!!!!

Laurie28
04-05-04, 12:05
Hiya guys,

At the weekend we (my partner and i) took our youngest son out and had a meal, well there were four 'old' people at the next table talking away. My son (who is 1) was gabbling away and getting a bit crabby (no wailing and crying) but loud when..,. these 4 codgers started saying in really loud voices how it is ridiculous children should get into restaurants (it was the lounge at our local pub) and parents should shut them up etct etc!!!!! I was FUMING!! What gives them the right to think my child should not be allowed out for his dinner - (he wasn't running free Charlie but safely strapped into a highchair so there was no kicking going on!!!!)
If these people wanted a very quite cosy dinner wy choose a pub and attack a one year old who (whilst they were still ranting) was giving them big smiles and chuckles!!!)

Just because I have kids i definetly reserve the right to still being able to eat out!!!!!! and he wasn't even making that much noise (they were making more complaining about the service and such like!)

next time I'll take my 6 year old and then thye really will have something to complain about

Pure rudeness no other word for it!!!!!

Rant over
Lucky

sarah
04-05-04, 12:47
Hiya Lucky

I totally agree with you and I havent even got kids. If I chose to go out for a meal and dont want kids around I purposely choose a restaurant that doesnt allow them..simple as that.
Same goes the other way, I went to my local harvester at about 5pm on Sunday knowing full well that its a kid friendly place so what do I expect!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Laurie28
04-05-04, 16:02
Sarah,,

I love the quote u have at the bottom!!!! (is it a quote or is it your own?)

Lucky

sarah
04-05-04, 18:04
LOL thanks Lucky

Its my own. just a thought that we are all developing into panic monsters in defence of this nutty world we live in...lol

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

sadie
04-05-04, 20:37
Lucky,

I would have been annoyed too if I was you....I hate rude people and especially ones that talk about you as though you are not there and act like you cant here them!!! You should have said something to them to embarass them....maybe something along the lines of 'there are no signs advising that children are not allowed in this restaurant/pub and do you not have grandchildren of your own...would you expect your daughter/son not to go out for a meal just because they have a young child?'

You have now got me annoyed and I dont have any kids of my own yet!!!!

Just ignore them in the future Lucky...afterall it is a free country!

Take care

sadie

Laurie28
06-05-04, 10:12
Hiya Sadie,

the thing was that there was a row of high chairs and kids menus.

If that isn't a dead giveaway i don't know what is!!!!!!!!

Lucky