PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do you get panic attacks?

Missblondie
16-06-06, 15:37
I Only Get 1 panic attack after a few Months, Sometimes longer. Is that Very often? How often do you guys get them?

-Elle

Missblondie
16-06-06, 15:53
Anyone? I'm Really Intrested in finding out how often people get them.

<center>-Elle</center>

giddy
16-06-06, 16:44
Hi Elle
I only ever had a couple of panic attacks the rest of the time it was constant anxiety symptoms. How are you between your attacks?
Love Helen

Missblondie
16-06-06, 16:55
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Elle
I only ever had a couple of panic attacks the rest of the time it was constant anxiety symptoms. How are you between your attacks?
Love Helen

<div align="right">Originally posted by giddy - 16 June 2006 : 12:44:52</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I'm ok. I Don't get Very Nervous about going out or anything, Unless its a Huge event or something. I think I just carry my Stress and Don't let it go, So i get a panic attack.

-Elle

darkangel
16-06-06, 17:10
i used to get many panic attacks a day - they would wake me up in the middle of the night as well - probably about 8 -10 a day. it was a nightmare.

its now mainly GAD i have now, but occasionally the odd pa arises but usually when Im under quite a bit of stress.

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

sophieunderscore
16-06-06, 17:46
Like dark I rarely have actual attacks now just a general feeling of unease, sometimes a full on attack but more often just a quickened heart beat etc.

I used to have them every single day which was terrible :(

Wenjoy
16-06-06, 18:13
Im like sophie - just general anxiety and some places make me feel really really panicky and anxious and breathless and head dizzy!!! Wenjoy

Tanya
16-06-06, 18:20
Hi Elle, When I first started having panic attacks the only time I wouldn't have them was at night, but later they came everytime I went out, and now I very seldom will have one.

I have them under control enough now that even if I do have one I'll just excuse myself from the situation until I feel better or leave.

But the anxiety and general feeling of uneasiness is always present. I question everything which dries me nutty. But hey .. the wonders of a good medication and great support groups. :)

Tanya

Two heads
16-06-06, 18:55
i would get a few a week brought on by stress i think and hormones.Im on meds now and havet had anyfor a while up entill this week again,so i dont no whats going on there!Maybe i need to up my meds.xx

clairey76
16-06-06, 23:01
Hi, It depends if I'm going through a particularly down patch I seem to get them more frequent and I tend to get them more when it is my time of the month! I tend to suffer from them more in the night than the daytime too.

Claire x

Missblondie
17-06-06, 01:50
Thats So Odd.. Most of you Guys are saying that you get them at night. I've never had One at night, Recently I have Been having trouble sleeping though, But thats Hasn't got anything to do with panic attacks.. (Maybe Stress) I remember when i first got panic attacks, I was Scared ****less! I Wouldn't go out at all, and when i did i'd be a nervous wreck. I'm so glad I'm over that point. I think i've learned how to control my mind from thinking ahead of the moment (You know, Like, "Oh god, what if i get one while i'm out?" And ect) and being afraid. I Some times Slip and start getting really sad and scared, Because it is always in my mind at some point, and I'm Always questioning myself and how i feel. ("Am i okay? Do i need to eat something or slow down? Am i under stress? do i need to go home?") I'm just in a stage in my life where i'm realizing that I'm not a little kid anymore and i need to be able to take care of myself and feel in control of saying how i feel and what i need and do what i need. And thats a big step for me. And Some times i need to cry and Get things out, But thats okay. Some times I get Nervous when i am going out to a event or something with alot of people, But i'm still learning.

-Elle