PDA

View Full Version : Aches and pains caused by anxiety?

Dill
01-02-12, 15:27
Hi Everyone,
Just wondered if anyone else experienced really strong and random aches and pains all over their body with anxiety? I have had these a few times recently and at times they are tingly, other times stabbing or aching, and always in completely random and unpredictable places in my body. Not sure what else it could be but of course my mind is playing havoc...
Cheers

MaryMac
01-02-12, 16:08
I have the EXACT same as you. I think because we are so tense alot of the time, it's obviously going to start having an effect on our bodies. I sometimes get an aching shoulder, other times random stabbing little pains that last for less than a second, and they're all over my body. I'm fairly sure it's the anxiety, it only seems to happen when I'm not having a good time of it!

Magic
01-02-12, 16:21
I am the same, I think anxiety does this, and i think tension plays a big part in getting the aches and pains xx

Zonja.j
01-02-12, 16:35
Yes, yes and yes again. I have been to A & E for hat exact same problem and argued with the qualified doctor telling him I knew best. Anyway came home went on a forum like this saw it was an anxiety symptom and 'poof' GONE, almost right away . . . . what a nut :roflmao:

eva82
01-02-12, 19:28
Add me to the list! I get bad aches in my upper back, shoulder, and neck area (basically where I hold most of my bodies tension). I've had it bad since October and have recently started physical therapy because the pain was getting worse and worse. :(