PDA

View Full Version : Corner turned, now feels another lond straight is ahead

miss sleepy
01-02-12, 15:32
That's two weeks on the cit now and I do feel different and like I am improving but it's not quite as quick as I need. I am doing more things each day a am pleased that I am, plus ive spoken to a couple of friends and family about what's happening with me right now which is a load off....but, my uni work is pilin up and I simply can't concentrate :( can't get my head around it right now.
Do thing become clearer at any point? I saw my gp yesterday and we agreed that the tablets are helping and it's worth putting up with the side effects but if I can't et my head movin soon I'm gonna be in trouble :(

pinkdove
01-02-12, 16:32
Hi miss sleepy, you have done so well to stick with the cit for 2 weeks, and if you feel you have improved even a bit, then that's a great sign, they can take up to 4 weeks before you feel any benefit , so you are doing great.

They do take time, and you will get there, just be patient and before you know it you will feel loads better, and have more energy too x

morning_blues
01-02-12, 16:51
Hi miss sleepy you are doing really well. It's early days still and you will carry on getting better. I have been taking it for 2 months and still improving. After 2 weeks you're only just starting to get back on your feet. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself as that won't help your recovery!
Good luck! :)

miss sleepy
01-02-12, 18:16
Thanks both,
I'm trying to to put pressure on myself but it's hard as I'm on a one year MSc (the main cause of me bing on the meds) and there is no down time at all. It's only week one but deadlines start in week 3 and I don't think I can keep up as my head isn't functioning properly at all :(

morning_blues
01-02-12, 20:36
Do you feel that you could talk to your tutors about possible extensions on your coursework if needed? I'm sure your GP would write you a note. Nice to have a safety net there if you need it. But you will carry on improving and it will get easier - be prepared for ups and downs and if you have a not-so-good day don't read too much into it. nickyx

Sophie123
01-02-12, 21:02
You are doing really well so stick with it and definitely try and talk to your tutors. They should be really understanding x

miss sleepy
02-02-12, 21:07
I thought about taking to my tutor. Originally when I went to my gp he told me to do that and then see him a few weeks later. Was in such a mess I didn't see how having a crisis in front of my lecturer would benefit anyone so I went back to the doc and then he gave me a prescription.
Will see how I go. Today has been long with uni all day, plus training tonight. Test comes tomorrow when I have to apply my brain at home and do some work. I just want to stay in bed. Wish me luck

Sophie123
03-02-12, 11:42
Good luck Miss Sleepy :yesyes: