PDA

View Full Version : Fear of getting sleep deprivation !

Wuboo
01-02-12, 15:43
Since my sleep has been weird and only getting a few hours sleep or so a night I have kinda scared myself in to thinking I might end up getting sleep deprivation and suffer delusions etc. Obviously the more I think about having a bad night sleep the more likely it is I will so I am trying to focus on other things.

Has anyone had insomnia or sleep issues for a long time? Mines only been since Friday. I was tempted to look up the symptoms of sleep deprivation but I DONT think I will! It's a pain because once I wake I'm not sure when I go off to sleep or how quality the sleep is. Though most days I am left quite tired with headaches.

PanchoGoz
01-02-12, 15:55
Give it a week. We can often go throgh patches of sleeplessness due to hormones, different stresses etc. You won't get delusions unless you really are torturing yourself with constant sleep deprivation and still trying to do to much as well. Try some warm mils and reading a book before bed, or lighting a candle and doing a relaxation exercies. Or both!
Take care, Pancho.

martintlane
03-02-12, 07:50
Hi I used to have problems sleeping and like many others I do not like using prescription medication, try using a natural anxiety treatment, there are herbal remedies that can help you sleep, Valerium and kava can both help with insomnia. It may sound rather obvious but try not to think about your situation all the time it will only make it worse. try meditation it can help to clear your mind when you find yourself thinking to much